Meso

Scam Sellers - Mirage G4

Please look out for ads by the following users:

Username: sellnnz

Username: cruitmch

Username: lbourge

The above usernames have been disabled.

These users registered with the same IP address, tied to those of known scammers. Should you see any ads in the classifieds from any of these users, please flag them as a level 5 scam.

Attached is an example of the ad submitted by one of these users, which has now been removed from the site.

[inline scammer-ad.jpg]

Meso Do you think the scammers have more than tripled since you guys allowed anyone to post gear in classifieds, other than Premium Members? I just don't remember this being such a problem until anyone on the site, or having access to the site has been allowed to post in classifieds.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

i can tell you that the amount of scammers will go to zero if everyone has to pay to post... mostly because nobody will use this site anymore...

No one has ever had to pay to post, but not long ago only premium account holders could advertise gear in the classifieds.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

That's the real owner of the rig. That ad is 100% Legit.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Hookit is right, that ad is legit. In fact, that user has had some of their ads flagged as scams before because of how similar they are to the scammer ads, but has contacted me and provided information as to show their legitimacy.

With regards to the question above about paying for classifieds submissions. To my knowledge it's never been a paid service, and one has always been able to post ads regards of whether or not you're a premier subscriber. The increase in scammers is due to a new type of scamming mechanism that was put in place. We are working at ways of helping this though, and will likely be implementing a "Trusted Seller" feature in the near future.