Meso

Username: esther123 - Scam Seller/Information Collection

This user contacts users with wanted ads up and offers them gear, asking for their address or telephone number.

It is unclear whether or not this user reaches the step of providing his banking details, but it has become clear that the user has been attempting to collect user information through these e-mails, such as address or phone numbers.

On 17-Apr-2013 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => esther123

Name => Esther Carabais

FromEmail => [email protected]

City => Texas

Country => United States

Comments => i saw your wanted ad so i decide to mail you.

if you are still interested you can get back to me via my email with your cell number inclusive to easily reach you.

We have disabled the user from the site.

I posted a Wanted add, and had a response from this person. The whole thing is/was fishy to me. To the point that I suggested that I'd do the deal, but only if he/she sent me the gear, then I'd send payment. The emails are strange, and he/she sent pictures, but very small file size, which is suspicious. I'm a Group Member, so have access to the USPA membership database, this person has no record of USPA membership, my last email asked for his/her uspa number and license number. He/she indicated that he/she is a ebay user with a good ebay rating. So, I asked if he/she wanted to run the gear through ebay "No, I just want you to know that I'm a honest dealer." He/she almost had me when he/she promised that he/she was honest.

In general, if it smells like shit, don't take a taste to confirm one way or the other!

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Well if it is not you... you better check it out and do something cause it i kind of strange that you asked me about gear on dec 3rd. And on the exact same date my credit card got to do some crazy buyings that I did NOT do. My bank called me and we realised that I've be fraud. I havent move from my home for a month now so CANT be someone with a scanner... Found it strange...googled yout adress and I see that post saying the same...Its been a long time since the first post but...be carefull cause it is striking again!!!