Meso

Username: torycrown - Classifieds Buyer Scam

The following scam has been reported:

On 8-Oct-2012 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => torycrown

Name => Tory Crown

FromEmail => [email protected]

City =>

Country =>

Comments => I am interested in buying your STILETTO 107 just back from PD, what is the final asking price and the present condition of it? let me know if you have more pics of it, i will like to pay using PayPal and after payments has been made i will arrange for pick up of it, Email [email protected]

Regards.
Tory Crown

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.

I got the same crap! This was his email to me:
[:/]

Tory Crown
1:47 PM (2 hours ago)

to me
I was just about to make the payments when I had a little problem with the Picking-Up Agent of the canopy ,Has i explained to you earlier that I am currently on sea and I am buying the canopy for my Dad,I tried to book a Pick-up with my shipping agent,But they asked me to Pay first before they can made the Booking, and they only Accept Western Union Money Transfer for their payment's and they don't accept PayPal or bank Transfer and I tried to send the Money Online but i could not and I am on sea and there is no way i can find a Western Union Agent to make the transfer to my Pick-up agent,So i wanted to ask if it was okay for me to include my Pick-up agent's fees in the payment's I am about to send through PayPal,my pick up agent charged is $550 plus Insurance and some other document for the pick-up,please can i include their money in the payments I want to send then after i have made the payments you will help me forward the $550 to my pick up agent through Western Union Money Transfer,this I would have done myself and not bother you but for the fact that I am currently on sea, so after I have made the payments you will help me send $550 to my pick up agent through western union money transfer,I just wanted to seek your consent before going ahead with the payments,I will more than appreciate if you mail me back, and I will be made the payments shortly......Awaiting your response soonest

PS:the shipping company's Head quarters is in USA and any pick up fees to be paid is sent to their head quarters by the payee, so the money for pick up will be sent to their head quarters in USA through western union money transfer(this can be done from any post office) or you can do it online at www.westernunion.com

Thanks,