Meso

Important -- New Scam Tactics

Thanks for this. They have certainly gotten more sophisticated since the last time I sold gear on this site a few years ago. I just had a guy ask me for dozens of photos of the rig I was selling, naming all the different parts correctly. Sounded like a skydiver. He even said he didn't want the AAD. We went back and forth until we reached a deal, but then he said he was in Columbia, jumped at Deland (Florida) when he had business trips to the US, and wanted the rig shipped to 'NJ'. He then sent me a deposit payment on paypal and said the rest would be sent the next day. I started asking questions at this point and eventually got nervous enough that I refunded his payment. I believe this was a super complex scam effort, so much so that I even apologized to him in case I was wrong. But reading this article plus the PayPal scam article in this forum I'm pretty sure I made the right choice. Be careful!

Hello everybody,

I have a question.
I'm selling my wing suit now and a few day ago i got a request about additional pictures (with regular account i can only post one picture). I replied with pictures and today i got this text.

"Thanks for the reply. My wife agrees with the price of the item and also keep in mind that the transportation payment will also be added to the actual amount. You will send the information below so that my client can send the check or bank check.
to you for payment:

FULL NAME.........

FULL ADDRESS ...... CITY ......... STATE .............

PHONE NUMBER...................

COUNTRY.....................

I am very sure that you are an honest person and you like to deal with you. Thank you. You do not need to worry about the shipment. your insurance transport company will come to your house for the shipment. I hope to read from you as soon as possible. My wife is ready to offer $1000.00 So come back to me fast.

Regards"

Member since April 15th 2018. Nothing else in profile.

Should i be worried?

Thanks!

Doug_Davis

Meso,

Just curious as a new jumper and new forum member...what are the scammers hoping to accomplish? Are they trying to get peoples' bank information? Or email addresses or what?

I just dont get what they hope to accomplish with either fake ads or even stranger fake offers to buy.

They are absolutely in it for the money. Acca Ghana, has become a government hideout for crime for years.

In fact Skytel and others have one of the most robust and complex Sat Internet infrastructures' supplying Acca as compared with the rest of the planet, THAT actually funds and enables these scams on a massive scale.

They cross reference your Facebook Profile, your credit reports and just about anything they can get their hands on. and yes they also control the vast majority of internet dating sites as well. this is big business.

How's your Juju? Do you have a good "priest" Cause in Acca the high rollers have countless resources at their disposal. They have at least, according to Interpoool, over 250 hundred thousand individuals all dedicated to scam the rest of the world, and they have the Russians supplying them with "Packaged" software all designed to raid your iPhone as well.

And how many of you have secured all of your information with your cell number???

Do a minimal search of the subject "SCAM",.... IMO "they" are on every public and semi-public web site on the planet.
Brett Bickford Did Not Commit Suicide.

He is the victim of ignorance and faulty gear. AND as in the movie: "12 Angry Men," of an ignorant and callous jury.

By next year, nearly half of all calls to mobile phones will be fraudulent, according to a new report from telecommunications firm First Orion. The company analyzed data from more than 50 billion calls over 18 months to get a snapshot of what they call the scam-call “epidemic.” Here’s what they found:

•Mobile phone scam calls are increasing: In 2017, only 3.7 percent of calls to cell phones were fraudulent. This year, that number reached 29.2 percent — and it’s expected to climb to 44.6 percent in 2019.
Brett Bickford Did Not Commit Suicide.

He is the victim of ignorance and faulty gear. AND as in the movie: "12 Angry Men," of an ignorant and callous jury.