Meso

Username: Patrikevan -- Classified Buyer Scam

The following message is a scam attempt. Should you have received this message in reply to one of your ads, ignore any correspondence attempts from the user listed below.

On 9-Feb-2012 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => Patrikevan

Name => Patrik

FromEmail => [email protected]

City => London

Country => England

Comments => I came across your ad while i was browsing through the net for things to buy i will like to let you know that i am interested,so pleases is it still available for sell?I also hope it's in good condition because i wont appreciate it if is not in good condition.Most importantly i hope you are legit to transact deal with am sure you are not on the site to scam people like me?I hope the transaction will be secured? If your answers are great...please let me know your last asking price.
Patrik Evans

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.

This is why I ALWAYS ask:

"Where's you're home DZ and who is the S&TA at that dropzone?"

AND!

"What is your USPA License # and how many jumps do you have?

This way, you can call up and ask if the person is legit. Also, prevents you from accidentally selling an A-License jumper a Velo.

Hi Matthew Kaye,

On 9-Feb-2012 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => Patrikevan

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=121360&d=1

Name => Patrik

City => Toronto

Country => Canada

Comments => I came across your ad while i was browsing through the net for things to buy i will like to let you know that i am interested,so pleases is it still available for sell?I also hope it's in good condition because i wont appreciate it if is not in good condition.Most importantly i hope you are legit to transact deal with am sure you are not on the site to scam people like me?I hope the transaction will be secured? If your answers are great...please let me know your last asking price.
Patrik Evans

-----------------
If you suspect this is a scam:

1) Visit the Security Forum to see if it has already been reported:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=44
2) If not, forward the entire email to [email protected]
Live young, die fast, leave a nice looking corpse

I have gotten 2 messages from this guy in the last 24 hours for 2 separate items I have posted. 1 says he is from London and the other says he is from Toronto. I replied to the first and after I got the second I found this scam alert so thanks for sharing!!

February 9, 2012 6:50:26 PM EST

Username => Patrikevans

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=120539&d=1

Name => Patrik

City => London

Country => England

Comments => Hello my name is Patrik i was browsing through the net searching for things to buy then i came across your ad i will like to let you know that i am interested in your Vector3 Micron- 304 with 17 MLW,that goes for $900 ,so pleases is it still for sell? if it is, i hope is in good condition because i wont appreciate it if is not in good condition... Am from london in UK, i cant afford to pay $900 i need you to come down a bit.so please if you are interested in doing business with me just let me know by sending me an email,and please hope this transaction is secured and is not a scam transaction because if it is i wont take it likely with you...bye
Hope to here from you soon

Thank
Patrik Evans

February 10, 2012 2:38:28 AM EST

Username => Patrikevan

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=120058&d=1

Name => Patrik

City => Toronto

Country => Canada

Patrik Evans
Not all who wander are lost! - Tolkien

I've just had an interesting exchange with this scammer:

I jump at the Ranch, NY for 11 years now. Everybody knows me there.
If you need some third party in our transaction - we can use Sonic. He is the guy who owns a store and a rigging shop at our DZ (http://www.ranchproshop.com/)

My license is C-34325.Am back in Canada i need it for my son in the US.

I looked up the license in the USPA database and it is an active C license number for Vadim Sverdlov. I'm not sure how this guy procured the information he did, but just thought I'd add this.
He whose eye happens to look down into the abyss becomes dizzy. Why? It is just as much in his own eye as in the abyss, for suppose he had not looked down. Hence anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.

gotta be kidding me, he gave me the same thing!

***I jump at the Ranch, NY for 11 years now. Everybody knows me there.
If you need some third party in our transaction - we can use Sonic. He is the guy who owns a store and a rigging shop at our DZ (http://www.ranchproshop.com/)

My license is C-34325 Am back in london and i needed one for my son.I need you to cut down the price to $3300.
Live young, die fast, leave a nice looking corpse

yep, guys, that's my licence and I jump at the Ranch.
That scumbag got this info from me 'cause I was selling my velo and he pretended to be a buyer. He was establishing my credentials before "sending a check"
Beware of such an artists and let's his karma be his judge.
Buy the way: anybody interested to get a nice Velo 103 ? :)

On 14-Feb-2012 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => riichsmiith

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=122510&d=1

Name => Richard

City => Texas

Country => USA

Richard Smith