Meso

Username: bradon466 - Classifieds Buyer Scam

The following scam has been reported:

On 4-Jul-2011 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => bradon466

Name => brandon

FromEmail => [email protected]

City => oklahoma

Country => untied states

Comments => Hello how are you doing today got your advert on here.. i would like to know if yo still have the item for sale and willing to know you last selling price i am hoping to hear from you soon bye for now

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.

Often, these are stolen checks that will clear initially, then later the bank will want their money back when it is discovered the check was bad. You are out your gear and the money.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

The user is a classic example of the regular scammers that target online classifieds.

They will contact you and typically use terms like "the item" or a visible copy paste of the item name. They will then ask you if they can send you a cheque for the amount. When you receive the cheque, in most of the cases the cheque will be for a larger amount than the gear item. They will then tell you that it is for the shipping or to send the difference back to them.

These cheques are fraudulent and they will bounce if you try cash them.

We recommend cutting all contact with this user.

Ok... so this idiot was buying something from me for $200. He sent a cashier's check for $3640 and wants me to western union the rest back to the other idiot listed below. The check had a return address of San Diego. The tracking information says it comes from PA and the cashier's check comes from a bank in TX. Is there a law enforcement agency that cares enough to go after this guy?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2011 2:21 AM
To: Greg
Subject: Re: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad

Hi Greg how are you doing and how was you night been well just woke up now and i decied to write you.... i would to let you know as soon as you got the check cleared you will be sending balance Via western union to this person below....
Recever's Name Richard Joseph Klinect
Street Address: 3021 Grays Ferry Ave,
City: Philadelphia
State: PA
Zip Code :..19146
Thanks for your co operation ....please kindly get back to me asap....

--
Hello do you still have this item available for sale please get back to me with more details of it....
thanks