psmarais

Username: philcollins - Classifieds Buyer Scam

The following scam has been reported:

Hi,

On 30-Jan-2010 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => philcollins

URL =>

Name => Phil Collins

FromEmail => [email protected]

City => Leeds

Country => United Kingdom

Comments => Hello

How was your weekend ? I am much interested in it and i want to know if you still have it for sale and also I want you to mail me the last asking price you have it for sale and more pictures .

Last price ????

I hope to read from you soon.

Phil collins

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.
A fool and his money is soon parted - Buy 1 million e-mail valid addresses for only $100.00

HAHAHA! Plil Collins............

NEways, I got the same message today.

On 30-Jan-2010 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => philcollins

Name => Simon Johnson

City => Leeds

Comments => Hello

How was your weekend ? I am much interested in it and i want to know if you still have it for sale and also I want you to mail me the last asking price you have it for sale and more pictures .

Last price ????

I got one too :)
Hi Anthony Fellows,

Username => philcollins

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=88475&d=1

Name => Simon Johnson

City => Leeds

Comments => Hello

Last price ????

Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Now he also uses the following name......

Williams Scott ([email protected])

RE: - Response‏
Sent: Sun 2/07/10 11:14 PM

Due to shipping and insurance that a Person is coming to pick up from you. The Payment you will be receiving will be excess the shippers fund will be added to it..So this is what you are going to do.After you receive the Payment and cash it you will deduct your own money ... then you will assist me in wiring the rest money to my Shipping company via Money Gram or Western Union who will be coming to pick up the item, and this must be done in good faith.I believe that i can trust you with the rest money.I will like to read from you back today so that i can contact my shipping company to get ready

Regard

I work in a bank you'd be surprised how often this scam has come in!

Fraudulent checks can be returned at ANY time by a financial institution! So DO NOT accept checks unless you really know that person!

Paypal all the way or nothing.
Some people spot them as they see them, some spot them as they go, but there is no spot till you step out the door ; and by then it really doesn't matter anyway
- Lynn Levengood.