FromEmail => [email protected]

City =>

Country =>

Comments => Morning,
Writing to confirm if you have the container, Do get intouch with the
price and the condition.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon

---
A fool and his money is soon parted - Buy 1 million e-mail valid addresses for only $100.00

Funny how i got this email in my spam folder. Sounds a little like the one above.

On 30-Oct-2009 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => lukabas

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=81314&d=1

Name => Simon

City =>

Country =>

Comments => Morning,
Writing to confirm if you have the Main Canopy, Do get intouch with the price and the condition.

I dont think so because he bought container through paypal and i got my money

Funny how you just registered last week. I got the exact same e-mail from Sonny on both my listings.

And REAL funny I just got a similar email from someone with the username Lukabas :S

ciel bleu,
Saskia

You got to love a scammer defending himself using a different screen name.

I dont think so because he bought container through paypal and i got my money

So .........."I trust me, so should you."

Ya, right.:S
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

On 29-Oct-2009 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => sonny001

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=83412&d=1

Name => Jim

City =>

Country =>

Comments => Morning,
Writing to confirm if you have the container, Do get intouch with the price and the condition.

-----------------
If you suspect this is a scam:

1) Visit the Security Forum to see if it has already been reported:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=44
2) If not, forward the entire email to [email protected]

The funny thing was, i said, sure, send the money through paypal and you got your self a deal, never heard from the idiot again.

Got same email on same day for my container.

Took as genuine and replied with price (from advert) and stating paypal requirement. Got a reply asking for full address and amount (again???) to send cheque/postal order. He apparently has a DHL account to be able to ship container to son in Australia.

I was a bit suspicious so put his username into the forum and found you guys - THANKS!

Have just replied restating paypal only without giving address etc. Public apology if your genuine!

Gecko
www.gathhelmets.co.uk
www.flyyourbody.com

Ditto here... Has anyone actually spoken to this individual?

Someone is buying used skydiving gear for their son, seems like a fake... maybe I'm naive, but WHY?!? What good would a container due to someone that's got no clue what to do with it?

Here's the follow-up email he sent:

Hello,
Thanks for your swift response, I'm so glad to hear from you and would say that am really interested in buying the container, and i will be happy if you can sell it to me because my son has been troubling me because to buy it for him, he use it in Australian so i am getting it for him. i have a Dhl account for shipping pakages and with that i will use to ship it down to my Location.

Pls kindly get back with your final asking price and i will be glad to issue out the payment to you which will be in Money order/check for the payment. If you are okay with my arrangement,pls kindly get back to me with the folloowing detail's

NAME:
ADDRESS:
ZIPCODE:
FINAL PRICE:
MOBILE NUMBER:

I await your response soon, Thank's and GOD bless you and youir family.
Regards

-Patrick

He doesn't want the container. It's the exact same scam as been written about here a gazillion times already: he'll pay you, even pay you MORE than is needed (with a story about why), you then are asked to pay the extra amount back minus something for your trouble or similar story, after you do all that the bank's gonna call saying the original check was bad. Bye bye money. Don't think they actually want all the gear/other stuff it's just about the money.

After you get a few mails like this, you'll be able to spot the scammers in 2 seconds flat :S

ciel bleu,
Saskia

They don't have anything better to do and it's rather lucrative for them in the end - I spend a bit of time in Nigeria and know a couple people that actually do this stuff for a living. Below is Sonny001's response from my providing additional info on the gear.

Hello, Thanks for your swift response, I'm so glad to hear from you and would
say that am really interested in buying the helmet, and i will be happy if you can
sell it to me because my son has been troubling me because to buy it for him, he use
it in Australian so i am getting it for him. i have a Dhl account/UPS Account for
shipping pakages and with that i will use to ship it down to my Location. Pls
kindly get back with your final asking price and i will be glad to issue out the
payment to you which will be in Money order/check for the payment. If you are okay
with my arrangement,pls kindly get back to me with the folloowing
detail's NAME:ADDRESS:ZIPCODE:COUNTRY:FINAL PRICE:MOBILE NUMBER: I await your
response soon, Thank's and GOD bless you and youir family.
Regards

-----
~~~Michael

This guy sent me the same inquiry. Funny thing about it was when I quoted him the bottom line price for a container, he replied that it was too much and counter offered a price double what I'm asking. Definitely sounds like someone who doesn't know diddily about gear. Sounds more like the check/money order scheme thats been going on for quite some time.

Same deal for my rig that's up for sale. He must be buying a lot of gear for 'his son'. Wish I was his kid! HA HA.

His email to me after I responded that I still had the rig available (got this 18 days AFTER I had responded to him):

Hello,
Thanks for your swift response, I'm so glad to hear from you and would say that am really interested in buying the complete system, and i will be happy if you can sell it to me because my son has been troubling me because to buy it for him, he use it in Australian so i am getting it for him. i have a Dhl account/UPS Account for shipping pakages and with that i will use to ship it down to my Location.

Pls kindly get back with your final asking price and i will be glad to issue out the payment to you which will be in Money order/check for the payment. If you are okay with my arrangement,pls kindly get back to me with the folloowing detail's

NAME:
ADDRESS:
ZIPCODE:
FINAL PRICE:
MOBILE NUMBER:

I await your response soon, Thank's and GOD bless you and youir family.

Regards