psmarais

Username: franks - Classifieds Buyer Scam

The following scam has been reported:

Hi,

On 27-May-2009 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => franks

Name => Frank

FromEmail => [email protected]

City => nil

Country => nil

Comments => Hello Seller,
It's a pleasure to respond to your advert regarding the sales of your item, i will like to know if it's still available for sale. Get back to me with more picture of it with your final asking price. Wait to hear from you. Best Regards,
Frank
[email protected]

-----------------

A fool and his money is soon parted - Buy 1 million e-mail valid addresses for only $100.00

He tried me too. That the latest from him. So obvious.
Franklin Smith ([email protected])
Hello,
Thanks for the response.My client is okay with the the price and also note that the shipping payment will also be added to the actual amount . He had responded very positively and i have given him my own price for selling to him and is ready to offer you € 300 to making it 2650 EUR (OBO) . So send the below information so that you my client can send out the Bank Cheque to you for payment:

FULL NAME ..........
FULL ADDRESS( NOT P.O BOX.............
STATE...........................
POSTAL CODE ..............
PHONE NUMBER ......................

COUNTRY........................

Am very sure you are an honest person and like to deal with you . don't worry about the shipment . I have a shipping company that would that will come for the shipment in your house when you have receive the payment i sent to you. Hope to read from you soonest .
Thanks i will await your response
Regards
Frank

Looks like he has tried me too, i thought there was something weird about the way the email was worded and writen.

Hello,
Thanks for the response.My client is okay with the the price and also note that the shipping payment will also be added to the actual amount . He had responded very positively and i have given him my own price for selling to him and is ready to offer you £ 300 to making it £650. So send the below information so that you my client can send out the Bank Draft Cheque to you for payment:
FULL NAME ..........

Am very sure you are an honest person and like to deal with you . don't worry about the shipment . I have a shipping company that would that will come for the shipment in your house when you have receive the payment i sent to you. Hope to read from you soonest .
Regards
Frank

WEIRD!!!

I too received the same email response to my ads on 5-27-09. Naively, I replied. The email I received today, sounded too much like a scam; and I was right!:

Hello,
Thanks for the response.My client is okay with the the price and also note that the shipping payment will also be added to the actual amount . He had responded very positively and i have given him my own price for selling to him and is ready to offer you $ 300 to making it $ 1700. So send the below information so that you my client can send out the Money Order to you for payment:

FULL NAME ..........

Regards
Frank