j_ung

Username: maxwellgold -- Classified buyer scam

Date: Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 08:20
Subject: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad

On 8-Mar-2009 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => maxwellgold

Name => max

FromEmail => [email protected]

City => Quebec

Country => canada

Comments => hi i am max i and i will love to purnchase your system,if its still availiable pls email me at [email protected] for instant reply, i will like some pictures to clearify my doubt

------------------

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.

i got email from this user:

Username => maxwellgold

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=74559&d=1

Name => max

FromEmail => [email protected]

City => Quebec

Country => canada

Comments => hi i am max and i am interested in buying your system immediately, if its still available email me at [email protected] for instant reply, i wouldn't mind pics to satisfy my doubt.

next mail:

Maxwell Gold

I am interested in immediate purchase after several consideration,i am really interested in buying it ,i will be using certified check as mode of payment ,.pickup and shipment will be handled by my personal shipping company,

I will like you to give your information as follow:

1)your name (that will be on the check)
2)your address,
3)your contact phone number,
4)final asking price of the item.

5) The certified check that will be drawn by you would include the cost of the item and shippers commission,

As soon as you have cashed and received your funds for the item the extra funds will be sent to the shipping company via MONEY GRAMME money transfer to enable and motivate the shipper to contact and meet with you to pick up my item and collect the necessary documentation in due time,

please get back to me on my personal email so that we can conclude on our transaction.

Thank you.

Ivor