j_ung

Username: Martinpowolska -- Classified buyer scam

This is a typical classified buyer scam, which illustrates perfectly the danger I spoke of in
But thew biggest tip off of all is the transaction itself. He'll make the cheque out for far more and give you a bullshit excuse for why this happening. He wants the seller to deposit the cheque and immediately refund the remaining to the shipper (which is actually the scammer himself). Later, the cheque will bounce, but the seller will already have wired cash to the scammer. No shipper will ever contact the seller or arrive to pick up the item. For the millionth time, these guys don't give a flying f$@# about your item. You could be selling a dead sewer rat for all they care.

-------------- Forwarded Message: --------------
To: XXXXXXX
Subject: Payment and Shipping Arrangements - Helmet
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:31:05 +0000

Hi XXXXX, How are you doing? Thanks for the email, But i will still like to see some fotos. I'm willing to pay $600. Right now i'm out of town on business and won't be able to see the Helmet. You don't have worry about shipping, i'll handle that. Pls consider it sold to me and pls don't entertain other offers. This will be similar to a local pickup.

As for payment, I will instruct my accountant to issue you a cheque of $3,865 (Drawn on a U.S. Bank) as i am not in the U.S. at the moment. Once you receive the cheque i will like you to deduct your payment of $600 and then you will have to wire the excess amount to my shipper via MoneyGram or Western union transfer the moment you receive the cheque so that the Shipper can immediately come for collection of the Helmet.

Pls let me know if i can trust you in wiring the excess funds to my shipper immediately you receive the cheque, as you know it is not easy to trust people nowadays.

Note: my shipper will be picking up some other Automobiles and Heavy Machineries for me in the U.S., including the Helmet i am buying from you, this is why his shipping fee is that much. This way you will be free from shipping hastles and stress, as my shipper will come over to your place for collection and shipping of the Helmet once he receives the funds.

And if you are okay with this way of payment, pls mail me your full details (Name, address and phone numbers) so that payment can be sent to you.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Martin.

[url "http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1205398">Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.

He tried to buy my helmet off me also. Here is what he put.

Hi Jon, How are you doing? Thanks for the email and fotos. I'm willing to pay $125. Right now i'm out of town on business and won't be able to see the Helmet. You don't have worry about shipping, i'll handle that. Pls consider it sold to me and pls don't entertain other offers. This will be similar to a local pickup.

As for payment, I will instruct my accountant to issue you a cheque of $2,865 (Drawn on a U.S. Bank) as i am not in the U.S. at the moment. Once you receive the cheque i will like you to deduct your payment of $125 and then you will have to wire the excess amount to my shipper via MoneyGram or Western union transfer the moment you receive the cheque so that the Shipper can immediately come for collection of the Helmet.

Pls let me know if i can trust you in wiring the excess funds to my shipper immediately you receive the cheque, as you know it is not easy to trust people nowadays.

Note: my shipper will be picking up some other Automobiles and Heavy Machineries for me in the U.S., including the Helmet i am buying from you, this is why his shipping fee is that much. This way you will be free from shipping hastles and stress, as my shipper will come over to your place for collection and shipping of the Helmet once he receives the funds.

And if you are okay with this way of payment, pls mail me your full details (Name, address and phone numbers) so that payment can be sent to you.
Martin.

He tried to buy my canopy. I was about to report him here when I saw this.
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

Yup, my helmet too: Here's the latest angle:

rom Martin Powolska
reply-to [email protected]
to XXXXXX
date Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:17 AM
subject Payment and Shipping Arrangements - Helmet

hide details 10:17 AM (10 hours ago)

Hi XXXXXXX, How are you doing? Thanks for the email, But i will still like to see some fotos. I'm willing to pay $175. Right now i'm out of town on business and won't be able to see the Helmet. You don't have worry about shipping, i'll handle that. Pls consider it sold to me and pls don't entertain other offers. This will be similar to a local pickup.

As for payment, I will instruct my accountant to issue you a cheque of $2,865 (Drawn on a U.S. Bank) as i am not in the U.S. at the moment. Once you receive the cheque i will like you to deduct your payment of $175 and then you will have to wire the excess amount to my shipper via MoneyGram or Western union transfer the moment you receive the cheque so that the Shipper can immediately come for collection of the Helmet.

Martin.