j_ung

Username: annamaria - Classifieds Buyer Scam

The following scam has been reported:

------ Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 7:29 AM
Subject: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad

Hi,

On 23-Nov-2008 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => annamaria

Name => annamaria

FromEmail => [email protected]

City => cadiz

Country => spain

Comments => I am interested in immediate purchase of your item.After several consideration over the advert placed on the website,l has really shown interest in it and l really want to issue the payment in form of Cheque and how much is the last price?Will you be accepting a Cheque? The check that l will be drawn by me would include the cost for shipping this item to my location.l shall solely be responsible for the shipments of the item. Please contact me asap for futher questionings as regards to this transaction if you really show willingness in selling this item asap.Thank You and I am expecting your response asap
Regards,
Annamaria Fernandez

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.

I had the same response from her about a rig that I was selling.

Hi Peter Anderson,

On 18-Nov-2008 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the
Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => annamaria

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=70128&d=1

Name => annamaria

City => cadiz

Country => spain

Comments => Hello,
I am interested in immediate purchase of your item.After several consideration over the advert
placed on the website,am really shown interest in it and would l really want to issue the payment in
form of Cheque and how much is the final price.Will you be accepting a Cheque? The check that will
be drawn by me would inlclude the cost for shipping this item to my location on the same Cheque.l
shall solely be responsible for the shipments of the item. Please contact me asap for futher
questionings as regards to this transaction if you really show willingness in selling this item
asap.Thank You and I am expecting your response asap
Regards,
Annamaria Fernandez

I got the same email but from a different user. Guess I'll report this one too:

On 4-Nov-2008 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => maj

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=69471&d=1

Name => mart jack

City => bibao

Country => spain

Comments => Hello,
I am interested in immediate purchase of your item.After several consideration over the advert placed on the website,am really shown interest in it and would l really want to issue the payment in form of Cheque and how much is the final price.Will you be accepting a Cheque? The check that will be drawn by me would inlclude the cost for shipping this item to my location on the same Cheque.l shall solely be responsible for the shipments of the item. Please contact me asap for futher questionings as regards to this transaction if you really show willingness in selling this item asap.Thank You and I am expecting your response asap
Regards,
MartJack