sangiro

Username: Steve6999 - Classifieds Buyer Scam

The following scam has been reported:

----- Forwarded Message ----
To:
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:01:50 AM
Subject: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad

Hi,

On 26-Jun-2008 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => Steve6999

Name => Webber

FromEmail => [email protected]

City => LA

Country =>

Comments => Hi,
Could you please mail me back if you still have the complete system.. please get back to me with the price and the condition

Webber

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I got this email from him today after I responded to him asking "Hi, Could you please mail me back if you still have the complete system.. please get back to me with the price and the condition".

I'm only selling a canopy.

"Hello,
Thanks for your swift response, I'm so glad to hear from you and would say that am really interested in buying the (comtainer) and i will be happy if you can sell it to me because my son has been troubling me because he want to use it in Australian so i have get it for him. i have a Dhl account for shipping pakages and with that i will use to ship it down to my Location.

Pls kindly get back with your final asking price and i will be glad to issue out the payment to you which will be in bank draft/check for the payment. If you are okay with my arrangement,pls kindly get back to me with the following detail's

FULL NAME:
ADDRESS:
ZIPCODE:
MOBILE NUMBER:

I await your response soon, Thank's and GOD bless you and youir family.

Regards"
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

I replied to his initial and I got this, now it SCREAMS scam

Hello,
Thanks for your swift response, I'm so glad to hear from you and would say that am really interested in buying the Velo and i will be happy if you can sell it to me because my son has been troubling me because he want to use it in Australian so i have get it for him. i have a Dhl account for shipping packages and with that i will use to ship it down to my Location.

Pls kindly get back with your final asking price and i will be glad to issue out the payment to you which will be in bank draft/check for the payment. If you are okay with my arrangement,pls kindly get back to me with the following detail's

FULL NAME:
ADDRESS:
ZIP CODE:
MOBILE NUMBER:

I await your response soon, Thanks' and GOD bless you and your family.

Regards

I told him that I wouldn't sell without a letter from a S&TA recommending the canopy for his son.

I'm going to play along as long as he will, I want to see if he'll send me a fake check. I can start a criminal case on it if he does. I'll mail a box of dirty underwear with a PD sticker on the box.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yeah, This fool is a scam artist with a son from the land down under.
He sent me this email:

Hello,
Thanks for your swift response, I'm so glad to hear from you and would say that am really interested in buying the Main and i will be happy if you can sell it to me because my son has been troubling me because he want to use it in Australian so i have get it for him. i have a Dhl account for shipping packages and with that i will use to ship it down to my Location.

FULL NAME:
ADDRESS:
ZIP CODE:
MOBILE NUMBER:

I await your response soon, Thanks' and GOD bless you and your family.

Regards

Has the audacity to God bless me and my family!
:)>:(

I got THE SAME email with the son down under, bank/cashier's check, DHL, broken english, and blessing my family. Replied asking him to make a Paypal payment and no response. Glad I got that weird feeling before I accepted it. What does he do with the stuff if people send it to him? Sell it here?

He done the same to me but his name was John Thompson his kid was in Australia.
I received a cheque in British pounds but it was not his name on the cheque so going through bank to track him.
I contacted Sangiro about this but never heard back from him either.[:/]

I have something LIKE this, but i didn't know it was a scam.... first time seller? Yesterday it finally came to my mind that it was suspicious so i starting looking it up on Google, good thing i found you guys by the way.

So this 'buyer' right here has been emailing me, told me to deduct money from the money order then go send the money over by western union to the agent. And.... i did..... BUT now she comes over saying that the agent wont come pick up the puppy because she owes him money and so the agent wont come, she tells me to send another bout $3000 after the second money order arrived, it did and now i dont know what i could do with it. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!?!?

by the way.... i didnt sell it here just to let you know, i was selling a puppy and i googled the thing up and i found you guys so please help me[:/]

This is a scam, do not send any money to anyone that asks for the "refund of the difference". If you have sent them money it is gone and they will never buy what ever you are trying to sell. Basically you were just scammed out of how ever much money they asked you to Western Union to them since the check they sent you was a fake and will bounce shortly.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com