sangiro

Username: SASSY13 - Classifieds Buyer Scam

The following scam has been reported:

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 02:32:46 +0000
Subject: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad
To:

Hi,

On 23-Apr-2008 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username =SASSY13

Name =Michael Smartin

FromEmail [email protected]

City =

Country =

Comments =Hello Seller,

I am Michael Smartin by name.

I would like to make an enquiry about your ITEM posted for sale.

If still available for sale, TELL ME YOUR FINAL SELLING PRICE ?

TELL ME THE PRESENT CONDITION OF THE ITEM.

ALSO SEND ME SOME NEW PICTURES OF THE ITEM IF YOU HAVE.

I await your quick response.

Cheers.

Michael. S
[email protected]

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Well I sent him a reply with my lowest I would accept is $2000, and here is the reply. Sounds like a scam.
The item is already sold but I just wanted to humour myself.

Thanks for your quick response and transparency towards my inquiry.

I can not come for the viewing of the Item right now because of my wife been hospitalized all this days long and i am the only one watching over her.

I am okay with the price of the Item which is $2000 and i am ready to pay you $2200 just for you to reserve it and consider it sold to every other buyer(s).

I will instruct my associate to send a Cashier Cheque/Money Order worth of $6.500 covered both your price offer and the shipping fee.

This is What you will do, After you have received the payment and has been confirmed fully clear into your account, The Balance left ($4300) on the payment will be Transfered back to the appointed shipping company so that they can register the item for shipment and also come for the pick-up arrangement from your house.

The payment will come by UPS AIRMAIL which will deliver the next day and the tracking number registered on the envelop will be given to you.

So if you accept and meet with my requirements, kindly email me back with the details needed for payment as below so my client can proceed with payment issuing..

FULL NAME AS TO APPEAR ON CHEQUE ...?
FULL ADDRESS TO SEND CHEQUE TO ...?
STATE ....?
COUNTRY....?
CELL OR DAY PHONE NUMBER #....?

Immediately i have the above details, I will make sure you receive the cheque within 3-5 working days.As regards the shipment of the Item ,Do not worry i have make every necessary arrangements with the appointed shipping company and they will coming for the shipment of the Item immediately they have their funds at hand.

I Await your fast reply.

Cheers.

NOTE :
can you tell me how much you will transferring back as the shipping fee???

Whats the problem with letting him give you $6500 up front for it?

Can they then use the bank account details to take money out of your account?

I guess its just me but I dont see how they would make money out of this.