sangiro

Username: xenex - Classifieds Buyer Scam

The following scam has been reported:

-------Original Message-------
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 07:52:39 +0000
Subject: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad
To:

Hi,

On 7-Oct-2007 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username =xenex

Name =Xenile Jason

FromEmail [email protected]

City =Dagenham

Country =UK

Comments =Hi
my name is Xenile i'm from Dagenham UK, i am emailin you to know what is the condition of your (Space 170) and also is the $700 placed on it a fixed price ? i will be responsible for the Shipping so can i pay $690 ? if there is any more picture i wouldn't mind to have them.
kindly get back to me at [email protected] with any additional informations
Thanks
Xenile.

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

indeed, i see nothing that makes this even remotely like a scam..the guy just asked if he could get 10 bucks off to balance the shipping cost....shessshhh guess i should stop asking people to negotiate their prices before im called a scam :(

Blue Skies Filled with Birdies,
Jeremy R. Marston

I have recieved the same responce to an add I place.

On 6-Oct-2007 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => xenex

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=53983&d=1

Name => Xenile Jason

FromEmail => [email protected]

City => Dagenham

Country => UK

Comments => Hi
my name is Xenile i'm from Dagenham UK, i am emailin you to know what is the condition of your (Complete Rig) and also is the $1700 placed on it a fixed price ? i will be responsible for the Shipping so can i pay $1690 ? if there is any more picture i wouldn't mind to have them.
kindly get back to me at [email protected] with any additional informations
Thanks
Xenile.

Something about it does not seem right.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

This is definitely a scam. I have the same emails and he wanted to send excess money to have me forward to the shipper. He sent me 4 money orders that were $990 each. The post office said they were fake and took them. Lucky for me I didnt send out the rig so I am out nothing. If they were to cash them when they figured out they were fake they would have come after me and I would have been out of a rig and $4k. By the way I am selling the rig for $1300 and he sent me $3960.