The following scam has been reported:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 10:51 AM
To:
Subject: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad

Hi,

On 5-Jul-2007 someone submitted their contact information in
response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please
reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username =adio

Name =bob

FromEmail [email protected]

City =

Country =

Comments =Hello,
Im Bob. by name ,I came accross your contact details through web directory concerning the used head gear you have for sale and im highly interested in purchasing it.I will like to know all the details about the head gear before proceeding with the payment.....
1. How long have you owned it?
2. Why are you selling it?
3. Last Price?
4. Any avaliable photo?
So, your swift response to these required information would be highly entertained before proceeding to the next stage. The method of payment is Money order or cashier cheque. Kindly email back, if it's still forsale. Hope to hear fr you asap. Regards.+447031841192
Bob

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I also recieved an email from this clown wanting to buy a reserve canopy from me. I suspected a scam and it looks like I was right. Just wanted to let you guys know that "Adio" is trying to con multiple DZ.com users. When I suggested in a later email that we use Paypal to ensure neither one of us gets ripped off, it scared him off.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks for the response.My client is okay with the the price and also note that the shipping payment will also be added to the actual amount.So send the below information so that you my client can send out the money order or cashier cheuque to you for payment:

FULL NAME.............

FULL ADDRESS.........

PHONE NUMBER................

COUNTRY........

Am very sure you are an honest person and like to deal with you.Thank you.So you need not to worry about the shipping.My shipper will takecare of that.Hope to read from you soonest.My client is ready to offer you $ 700, .so get back to me fast. if any question you can call on +447031841192

[email protected] wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for your response to my ad. to answer your questions. I have owned the canopy for approx. 1
year. I am Selling it because I dont need it. The price is $650 and the buyer pays shipping. The
photo is attached. This Micro Raven 135 Reserve Canopy
is in immaculate condition. It has only been packed twice and has no rides on it. I hope we can do
business.

Thanks,
Matt

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: 4 Jul 2007 15:21:18 -0000
Subject: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad

> Hi freakfly24,
>
> On 4-Jul-2007 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the
> Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.
>
> Username => adio
>
> URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=50392&d=1
>
> Name => bob
>
> FromEmail => [email protected]
>
> City =>
>
> Country =>
>
> Comments => Hello,
> Im Bob. by name ,I came accross your contact details through web directory concerning
> the used Reserve Canopies you have for sale and im highly interested in purchasing it.I will like
> to know all the details about the Reserve Canopies before proceeding with the payment.....
> 1. How long have you owned it?
> 2. Why are you selling it?
> 3. Last Price?
> 4. Any avaliable photo?
> So, your swift response to these required information would be highly entertained before
> proceeding to the next stage. The method of payment is Money order or cashier cheque. Kindly
> email back, if it's still forsale. Hope to hear fr you asap. Regards.+447031841192
> Bob
>

I also received a message from this user, that I found quite comical... asking the same questions about tunnel time I posted to share:

On 4-Jul-2007 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => adio

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=47520&d=1

Name => bob

FromEmail => [email protected]

City =>

Country =>

Comments => Hello,
Im Bob. by name ,I came accross your contact details through web directory concerning the used Tunnel Time you have for sale and im highly interested in purchasing it.I will like to know all the details about the Tunnel Time before proceeding with the payment.....
1. How long have you owned it?
2. Why are you selling it?
3. Last Price?
4. Any avaliable photo?
So, your swift response to these required information would be highly entertained before proceeding to the next stage. The method of payment is Money order or cashier cheque. Kindly email back, if it's still forsale. Hope to hear fr you asap. Regards.+447031841192
Bob
www.rhythmskydiving.com