The following scam has been reported:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 08 May 2007 11:55 AM
To:
Subject: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad

Hi,

On 8-May-2007 someone submitted their contact information in
response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please
reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username =toni_temi

Name =dennis

FromEmail [email protected]

City =al

Country =0000000000

Comments =Hi
I am interested in buying your Main Canopies and i will like you to send the pics and also mail me the general condition of it with the final asking price of it.
pls mail me back so that we can discuss more about it. Thanks

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

:( Yeah, this guy is trying it on with me aswell. Gonna string him along and get his hopes up. his english is so poor, its bloody obvious. Cant beleive he wants to arrange courier himself from New Zealand to Cananda, what a doofus. I could do better and i'm not a crim.

The check is bad. Even if its a Western Union money order or a cashiers check its stolen or invalid or something. They'll ask you to send the difference in money to them and then ship the object.About 1-3 weeks later your bank will figure out the check was invalid and they'll take the money from your accounts, then you are out your rig, the money you "refunded" to the person and the money in your bank account.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I had my suspicions but decided to string him along as far as he would go. The check as promised did arrive today in the mail, I did a little investigating as it was written from University of Pennsylvania payroll account? Hmmm also, the envelope is postmarked from the netherlands. Now add to this the guy was supposed to be from canada.
I called the Uni' payroll people and they told me they have heard of this alot recently.
DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH;
toni_temi or Dennis Ruben or [email protected] in fact you could all start spamming the crap out of these guys like I am planning on doing.

Also I am forwarding all the stuff I have to our local FBI internet fraud people to see if they can chase these assholes down.

Please share this story with your jump buddies to help them avoid these people too.

I'm out no money and I still have my gear!

This asshole, dennis ruben, did the same thing to me. I strung him along too, and got the check yesterday. It says ABC International Services Inc.,
Bank of America, South Portland, Maine. It looks fake. The security watermarks ain't there. This guy must be a complete moron if he thinks I'm gonna fall for this crap.
How are you gonna SPAM the hell outta him ? How can I do it too?

I got an offer from Dennis Rubin aka toni-temi of $3,000 for a $600 chute. Sent me a check for the 3k without even a return address, Check was postmarked from the Netherlands also, and written on an EQUILON cashiers check which he had obviously xeroxed and filled in. Am stringing him along to see if I can get a return address. Plan on sending him a package of toxic waste or some hot steaming cow pies COD.