sangiro

Username: derossi007 - Classifieds Buyer Scam

There is another scam out there from " Cherry D"; I had suspicions on the first contact, but a reputable dealer told me to sell the rig so I sent my information. Then I got one from the guy in this forum and sent [email protected] a copy of the Cherry email and received no response from dz com, but another email from Cherry D. Yesterday I received 5 us postal money orders that are going to the feds today. Attached is a copy of the email that she/he sent me

Hello Pink ,
Thanks for the mail , the price is okay by me and i am ready to purchase from you immediately, and i want you to delete the ad from the website, i have a reputable shipper that will take care of shipping from your end......As you know i am presently in the Southern Africa and as regard payment this is what i am going to do, i have a client in the US that is owing me the sum of $3,200 , i will instruct him to issue you a certified cashier's cheque/Money Order on my behalf to you and as soon as it arrives, you hold out your amount and send the difference to me via Western Union because part of it will be used for the pick up and shipment in your place, i hope i can trust you with my balance and also you will be contacting my shipper with all neccesary information needed for pick up the item in your place i.e the actual weight and exact dimension of item . if this terms are okay by you, do get back to me with the
following details which payment will be made out to you like this
Home Address...
Full Name on cheque...
State...
Zipcode...
Country...
Telephone Number...
Mobilephone number...
Fax Number...
Do get back to me asap with this details so, we can complete this in a timely fashion . Waiting to hear from you.
Cherry.

I eventually replied that I had another offer and for her to do business elsewhere that is when I got the following email and just a few days later, the money orders:

Hello Jennifer ,
sorry for gettin to you lately,i just confirmed that payment would be delievered to you Monday Morning by UPS and here is the tracking number '' 1z3698rw2210013627 '',pls,it is all line with my present predicament, but very importantly i will appreciate if you could CASH THE MONEY FOR ME as soon as you recieve it on Monday in your BANK as i have an urgent matter arising. I just lost my sister in far away hong kong yesterday due to fibroid,leaving behind two kids,husband died couples of years back in ONTARIO and i really have to fly down to pick the kids asap .right now i'm really in a state of shock i am really disturbed now Pls i would appreciate it if you could help me get my MONEY ''Balance'' first thing on Monday as soon as you cash the check. So i will want you to go and cash the check on Monday as soon as you get it,when you do that ,i would like for you to go to any Western Union Money Transfer point nearest to you and send me the MONEY ,after you must have deducted the cost of the RIG . I want you to send the money with this instructions after you have cashed the check. you will have to send my Balance to me so i can travel down to hong kong asap make first Western Union transaction payable to my traveling agency AT
RECEIVERS NAME; JOHN COKER
ADDRESS; 67 TERRY MOORE RD , EASTHAM UK
TEST QUESTION: WHO ARE YOU
ANSWER; JOHN
AMOUNT : $2000
And the remaining balance to my shipping company at....................
RECEIVERS NAME; DORRIS JASON
ADDRESS; 90 NEW TOWN ROW, BIRMINGHAM UK .
TEST ; WHO ARE YOU
ANSWER ; SHIPPING BROKER
After you must have sent the money i would require for you to send me the following information that you must have gathered at WESTERN UNION ,they are
NAME AND ADDRESS OF SENDER
THE MTCN# TO BE PROVIDED TO YOU ON THE RECEIPT AFTER TRANSFER.
AND AMOUNT SENT IN $ TO THE SHIPPING BROKER
I was made to understand that you are to pay some charges at WESTERN UNION ,pls you can deduct the fees from my balance. deduct all cost of wiring at the WESTERN UNION from the fund.
Please if there is anyother information that you require,pls do not hesitate to let me know.I would be hoping that you get this mail on time today so that you would probably help me as soon as possible on Monday.
Regards,
Cherry.

I have to say that I am very happy to have been notified about Derossi, it is what led me to suspect Cherry D. I already had suspicions, but didn't know how to report/handle them.

Although this is not an official Sangiro scam alert, take it from me: Cherry D is not going to be happy!

jenn

Seven business days for a bank to clear the check.

I post my experience dealing with Cherry in the "pazflyers" scam alert.[:/]

Remarkably the UPS tracking numbers are so close......
Cross reference the tracking numbers -- both were from Stafford, TX.....

I got a response from this guy too and I was suspecious right off the bat. He wrote:

"My name is Mr Philip Sidney .I''m really interested in your Main Canopies and i will like to know if you still have it for sale.What is your last price of selling and the state of condition of the item ? Send pics if also avilable for proper viewing and i would be very glad if you can get it sold to me.Preffered method of payment is United State Certified Bank Cashier or MoneyOrder Cheque ? which would CLEAR in your bank account within 1 to 2 working days.Kindly email me back to (philip01_syahoo.com) if it's still for sale.Cheer "

I wasn't even going to contact him, but figured I'd post on here that it looked like a scam. Looks like he's been trying to conduct lots more business through here!

How is this guy still on here. I put only offers from people that have been registered for 60 days. This guy JUST sent me an email. Shouldn't that account have been blocked?

Hi catfishhunter,

On 9-Dec-2007 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => derossi003

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=56482&d=1

Name => Philip Sidney

FromEmail => [email protected]

City => Aberdeen

Country => Scotland

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

>:(i got one from this guy too...>:(>:(>:(

Hi Marc84,

On 9-Dec-2007 someone submitted their contact information in response
to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email
to contact the person directly.

Username => derossi003

URL =>
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=55895&d=1

Name => Philip Sidney

City => Aberdeen

Country => Scotland

Comments => Hello
My name is Mr Philip Sidney .
I''m really interested in your Containers and i will like to know if
you still have it for sale.What is your last price of selling and the
state of condition of the item ? Send pics if also avilable for proper
viewing and i would be very glad if you can get it sold to me.Preffered
method of payment is United State Certified Bank Cashier or MoneyOrder
Cheque ? which would CLEAR in your bank account within 1 to 2 working
days.Kindly email me back to (philip01_syahoo.com) if it's still for
sale.
Cheer

-----------------
If you suspect this is a scam:

1) Visit the Security Forum to see if it has already been reported:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=44
2) If not, forward the entire email to [email protected]

Another one.....:

Hi Jan Klaver,

On 9-Dec-2007 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => derossi003

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=56333&d=1

Name => Philip Sidney

City => Aberdeen

Country => Scotland

Comments => Hello
My name is Mr Philip Sidney .
I''m really interested in your Main Canopies and i will like to know if you still have it for sale.What is your last price of selling and the state of condition of the item ? Send pics if also avilable for proper viewing and i would be very glad if you can get it sold to me.Preffered method of payment is United State Certified Bank Cashier or MoneyOrder Cheque ? which would CLEAR in your bank account within 1 to 2 working days.Kindly email me back to (philip01_syahoo.com) if it's still for sale.
Cheer

-----------------
If you suspect this is a scam:

1) Visit the Security Forum to see if it has already been reported:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=44
2) If not, forward the entire email to [email protected]

We suspend his account every time we find out about him and as soon as we find out about him. he egisters new ones from time to time. But think about it a bit. If he sends out 100 emails before somebody lets us know that he's just registered a new username, then he's established contact with 100 people. After that you communicate via email with each other. Nothing we can do about that.

My suggestion to people who sell gear on here is simple: There's a security setting that allows you to choose how long a person need to be a member before they can contact you (we do have control over the initial contact). Simply set that to "60 days - 2 Months" (or higher!) when you list your gear.

There may be a few legitimate users who have not been members for that long who may want to contact you but that's the trade-off. Scammers will VERY seldom register a username and come back in 2 months to use it. They want immediate results.

You can do a lot to control who contact you and mitigate your risk in the classifieds.

We will continue to disable accounts the moment we confirm somebody is trying to scam our users.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Then again, if you've ever dealt with a scammer, or read all the mails posted here, they are real easy to spot the next time. So even a first mail which may seem innocent enough to someone else will be quite easy to spot.

I also leave my ads at 0 days because I've gotten good at spotting scammers, this forum wouldn't work if no one reported anyone would it :P

ciel bleu,
Saskia