sangiro

Username: philip007 - Classifieds Buyer Scam

The following scam has been reported:

--- [email protected] wrote:

Date: 26 Aug 2006 00:40:48 -0000
Subject: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad
To:

Hi,

On 25-Aug-2006 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username =philip007

Name =Philip Sidney

FromEmail [email protected]

City =Aberdeen

Country =Scotland, Uk

Comments =>
Hello,
My name is Philip Sidney
I''m really intersted in your ITEM.
I will like to know if you still have it for sale
Are you the first owner?
Did you have all the paper work and the receipt of phurchase for
documentation?
what is your last asking price and the present condition?
Preffered method of payment is Certified bank check OR
Money Order ?
which would CLEAR in your bank account within 1 to 2
working days.don''t bother about the shippment
The shipping cost will be my own responsibility.
Urgent response is needed for procedure of payment
I''ll be expecting your mail soonest.
Send pics if also avilable.
i would be very glad if you can get it sold to me.
Do contact me either through phone: +44-703-1896881 or
Please email me
direct to email box at [email protected] .Kindly email
me back, if it's
still for sale.
Cheers
Mr Philip Sidney

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

This guy is still at work. I just received this a few days ago.

Hi jumpinjen,

On 9-Dec-2007 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => derossi003

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=50714&d=1

Name => Philip Sidney

FromEmail => [email protected]

City => Aberdeen

Country => Scotland

Comments => Hello
My name is Mr Philip Sidney .
I''m really interested in your Containers and i will like to know if you still have it for sale.What is your last price of selling and the state of condition of the item ? Send pics if also avilable for proper viewing and i would be very glad if you can get it sold to me.Preffered method of payment is United State Certified Bank Cashier or MoneyOrder Cheque ? which would CLEAR in your bank account within 1 to 2 working days.Kindly email me back to (philip01_syahoo.com) if it's still for sale.
Cheer

-----------------
If you suspect this is a scam:

1) Visit the Security Forum to see if it has already been reported:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=44
2) If not, forward the entire email to [email protected]

Username => derossi003

URL =>
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=56075&d=1

Name => Philip Sidney

FromEmail => [email protected]

City => Aberdeen

Country => Scotland

Comments => Hello
My name is Mr Philip Sidney .
I''m really interested in your Complete Systems and i will like to
know if you still have it for sale.What is your last price of selling
and the state of condition of the item ? Send pics if also avilable for
proper viewing and i would be very glad if you can get it sold to
me.Preffered method of payment is United State Certified Bank Cashier or
MoneyOrder Cheque ? which would CLEAR in your bank account within 1 to 2
working days.Kindly email me back to (philip01_syahoo.com) if it's still
for sale.
Cheer

What a dirty mofo!!

Rot in hell Phillip !!

Here's the same crap from that pig

Good day ,
> Thanks for your swift response ,I really appreciate your quick response towards making a successful transaction .About the present working condition of the item as stated by you,I am really pleased with it,but i belived you are telling me the real act,because i cannot come over to your location now due to the nature of my work.Well, the asking price is okay by me for 1300$ I would be offering you 1400$. for the payment of the everything, reason for this is that i want you to make sure you reserved the item for me and consider it sold to any other enquiries. Also,I have forward your mail to my associate to send you the payment and also instruct him to include the shipping fee to your payment,because he has arrange for the shipping. So immediately you recieve the Certified Cashier Cheque Or MoneyOrder you would needs to send the shipper's payment to them. If this arrangement is ok by you . and i want buy it for my Inlaw in Holland and I am located in Scotland aberdeen ,i would be very glad if you can get it sold to me . I will like you to get back to me with your full details so that i can forward the payment to you immediately.
>
> Full Name ...........
> FullContact Address ........
> State .........
> Zip Code.......
> Contact mobile number .day or night...........
>
> When you send me the following information,i will instruct my associate to issue the Certified Cashier Cheque immediately.Hope to hear from you soonest ! Your quick response to this will be highly appreciated...
> Cheers
>

*sigh* he got me too = -_- = and i was really hoping to sell my rig, because i'm leaving for the military training and most likely will never use it...
and i haven't even jumped with it EVER = -_- = it's new
what a waste of my money = -_- =

why do ppl do this anyway? is anyone really stupid enough to send them the rig before having them pay for it?

I've been on to this as a scammer for a few weeks and I just wanted to see if a check actually showed up in the mail... So far nothing yet.

Here's a copy of our e-mail conversation:

Phillip,

I have another buyer. Besides all that, I just noticed that you are on the "Security and Scams Alerts" forum on dropzone.com and quite frankly, I think that you might be full of shit.

If you are in the business of scamming people, you might want to get your shit together and move things along a lot quicker to get it over with before people catch on to your bullshit.

If a check from you does finally show up, I will authenticate it through my bank and if it is fraudulant I will forward it to the proper authorities.

Thank you very much for wasting my time in selling this canopy... FUCK OFF ASSHOLE!

Sincerely,
John Zagoda

P.S. If you are actually are a skydiver, I hope that you bounce while jumping gear that you stole from somebody.

philip sidney wrote:

Good day
Am very sorry for all the delay and the inconvenience i may have caused you since the beginning of this transaction.....I really appreciate your effort by holding on to it ... I need you to be more patience over this more and i believe things will soon work out as plans... I just need you to be checking your mail everyday inorder to know as soon as the cheque arrives And email me back immediately you do receive the cheque inorder to be given the shipper information that will come for the pick up . Because i have made all neccesary arrange for the pick up . Moreso i have forwarded all your information to the shipping firm am sure they will contact you as soon as possible inorder for better arrangement. Please do not bother about any other buyer i believe things will soon work out as plans...... Am sorry once again and thanks for the understanding is a pleasure doing bussines with you....Your quick response to this will be highly appreciated.
Regards...

John Zagoda wrote:
I do have another buyer very interested, but I will sell it to you because I know that it will make somebody's Christmas very special. The $2275 (U.S.) is very generous and I will reserve it for you. I will cover the entire shipping cost for that price. It will take 6 to 10 days for shipping. I will ship it as soon as payment clears.

Please send payment to:
John M. Zagoda
Z Tarp and Equipment Corp. (Do not include this on the check)
20654 Amherst Court
Unit C
Joliet, IL 60433
815-341-5723 (mobil phone... I'm available any time)

Thank you...
John Zagoda

philip sidney wrote:
Good day ,
Thanks for your swift response ,I really appreciate your quick response towards making a successful transaction.... And am buying three main conopies from you .About the present working condition of the item as stated by you,I am really pleased with it,but i belived you are telling me the real act,because i cannot come over to your location now due to the nature of my work.Well, the asking price is okay by me for 2175$ I would be offering you 2275$. for the payment of the everything, reason for this is that i want you to make sure you reserved the item for me and consider it sold to any other enquiries. Also,I have forward your mail to my associate to send you the payment and also instruct him to include the shipping fee to your payment,because he has arrange for the shipping. So immediately you recieve the Certified Cashier Cheque Or MoneyOrder you would needs to send the shipper's payment to them. If this arrangement is ok by you . and i want buy it for my Inlaw in Holland and I am located in Scotland aberdeen ,i would be very glad if you can get it sold to me . I will like you to get back to me with your full details so that i can forward the payment to you immediately.

Full Name ...........
FullContact Address ........
State .........
Zip Code.......
Contact mobile number .day or night...........

When you send me the following information,i will instruct my associate to issue the Certified Cashier Cheque immediately.Hope to hear from you soonest ! Your quick response to this will be highly appreciated...
Cheers

John Zagoda wrote: $2175 for the canopy, extra line set, stock slider and Para Concepts RDS with stainless steel rings.
$1900 for the canopy, extra line set and stock slider.

I f you're interested, I'll only charge you $20 for shipping and I'll cover the rest.

philip sidney wrote:
last price

John Zagoda wrote: The canopy is still for sale. The only flaws on the
canopy are two very small pin holes on the center cell
of the tail. They have been there for over 200 jumps
and haven't gotten any worse, so I haven't seen a need
to repair them. Besides that the canopy is perfect.

The only reason I'm selling it is to buy a slightly
smaller one.

I will send a picture of the two pin holes I mentioned
later this week. The canopy is in my rig that is an
hour away from me and I won't have a chance to get it
for a couple days.

The RDS is the best that you can get. If you really
want performance I strongly recommend using an RDS
with the JVX... It flies like a completely different
canopy.

I am fine with certified bank check or money order. I
would have to get an estimated cost for shipping