sangiro

Username: autommy - Classifieds Buyer Scam

The following scam has been reported:

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
Date: 21 Aug 2006 07:45:30 -0000

Hi,

On 21-Aug-2006 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => autommy

Name => auto

FromEmail => [email protected]

City =>

Country =>

Comments => Hello seller,

I am interested in buying your Wingsuits.I have seen both the condition and the picture at the website.i will like you to mail me so that we can make further arrangement regarding the payment. I will like you to mail today so that we can conclude this transaction in few days time. Thanks hope to read from you soon. you can reach me on my number if you have any question +447024098905
Mark

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Hey hey,

This one just REEKED of a scam as soon as I opened the e-mail. (We skydivers are so much more eloquent!) :ph34r:

Here's the message:

quotey-quote-quote

Subject: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad
Date: August 21, 2006 3:37:46 AM EDT
To: [email protected]

Hi Wendy Platt,

On 21-Aug-2006 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => autommy

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=38294&d=1

Name => auto

City =>

Country =>

I am interested in buying your Head Gear.I have seen both the condition and the picture at the website.i will like you to mail me so that we can make further arrangement regarding the payment. I will like you to mail today so that we can conclude this transaction in few days time. Thanks hope to read from you soon. you can reach me on my number if you have any question +447024098905
Mark

end of quotey-quote-quote

( It's me again— ) Would be nice if someone WOULD like to by my "head gear" !!! Gimme an offer!

Dances
Muff Brother #2169

"You can take the girl out of the sky, but not the sky out of the girl!"

Interesting that I just received this. This guy must be a real genius...

Hi Michael,

On 21-Aug-2006 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the
Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => autommy

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=38372&d=1

Name => auto

City =>

Country =>

I am interested in buying your Photography.I have seen both the condition and the picture
at the website.i will like you to mail me so that we can make further arrangement regarding the
payment. I will like you to mail today so that we can conclude this transaction in few days time.
Thanks hope to read from you soon. you can reach me on my number if you have any question
+447024098905
Mark

Yup, I got this yesterday. Am having some fun exchanging a few emails with him actually, will post back here if anything really funny happens.

Hi smiler,

On 21-Aug-2006 someone submitted their contact information in response
to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email
to contact the person directly.

Username => autommy

URL =>
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=38109&d=1

Name => auto

City =>

Country =>

I am interested in buying your Photography.I have seen both
the condition and the picture at the website.i will like you to mail me
so that we can make further arrangement regarding the payment. I will
like you to mail today so that we can conclude this transaction in few
days time. Thanks hope to read from you soon. you can reach me on my
number if you have any question +447024098905
Mark

www.wingin-it.co.uk
Wingin' It wingsuit school

This guy just contacted me as well. You can always telll when someone is TOO eager to purchase something. He told me not to worry about shipping, that his company would take care of it.

He also works through the email name of Mark Peter & Co.

On 20-Aug-2006 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => autommy

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=38759&d=1

Name => auto

City =>

Country =>

I am interested in buying your advert on canopy.I have seen both the condition and the picture at the website.i will like you to mail me so that we can make further arrangement regarding the payment. I will like you to mail today so that we can conclude this transaction in few days time.
Thanks hope to read from you soon. you can reach me on my number if you have any question +447024098905
Mark

Thanks for the same!! I was getting online to ask if this user was legit. He contacted me regarding both of my canopies in the classifieds. Here is his email.:(

Hello Susan,
Thanks for the response.I have seen the pictures of the Sabre canopy and i have realyed the condition to my client.And he really likes it and he has agreed to pay the amount you charge on it.He made me understand that he wants to pay you with a certified cheque or money order which is very easy to cash once you pay it into your account.Also he made perfect arrangement regarding the shipment of the item at your house because we have a shipping company that will come for the shipment when yu recieve the cheque.So i will like you to mail me your the following information so that he can lodge the payment to you:
FULL NAME........................
FULL ADDRESS...........................Not P.o box
ZIP CODE......................................
PHONE NUMBER............................
COUNTRY.........................................
Am very sure you are an honest person and like to deal
with you and i want us to act on trustworthy and and honesty.the item is
veryimportant to my client,So you need not to worry about the shipping.My
shipper will take care of the shipping when you contact the for the
shipping.
My client is ready to offer you 830 USD+shipping cost .I hope you understand
all the above arrangements.If you are okay with it kindly get back to me
withh all the information so that we can proceed. I will be willing to read
from you soon. you call me on my phone number +447024098905
Best Regards
Mark
Dr. "Q" PMS#151Shugah,Shugah,How'd Ya Git So Fly?

Here is another of the same under a different name.

Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 13:09:01 -0700 (PDT)
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
Subject: PAYMENT DETAILS
To: "Susan Crowe"
Hello,
My client want to seen the pics and i have already explained everything to him about it and he wants to pay the amount you charged on it.he requested for your name and address with telephone number so that he can make the Money Order for you.because he is paying with a certified Money Order which is easy to cash.i will also arrange for the shipping agent who will come for the pick up when the Money Order has clears.thanks for your cooperation
Regard
Thomas Mario
Dr. "Q" PMS#151Shugah,Shugah,How'd Ya Git So Fly?