sangiro

Username: millsie - Classifieds Buyer Scam

The following scam has been reported:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 10:57 AM
To:
Subject: FW: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad

Hi David Schnaible,

On 20-Mar-2006 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => millsie

Name => Sienna

FromEmail => [email protected]

City => Dundee

Country => Scotland

Comments => Hello,
I saw your ads on the web and i have interest in it also will like to buy your(Spectre 120 - $900) i am from Scotland but,i am currently in Western Africa on a vacation and research trip i shall be responsible for the shipment and pick up to my place .
Please get back to me at [email protected] if my offer is acceptable.And also if there is any more pics to send i wouldn't mind.
I shall wait to read from you soon.
Regards,
Sienna.

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Grrrrrr...... Those stupid "¤"#%¤"%

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi Chilly_Dk,

On 19-Mar-2006 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => millsie

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=32342&d=1

Name => Sienna

City => Dundee

Country => Scotland

Comments => Hello,
I saw your ads on the web and i have interest in it also will like to buy your(Katana 120 - $1200) i am from Scotland but,i am currently in Western Africa on a vacation and research trip i shall be responsible for the shipment and pick up to my place .
Please get back to me at [email protected] if my offer is acceptable.And also if there is any more pics to send i wouldn't mind.
Regards,
Sienna.

It's all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

I got one of these too.

is there anything I should or should not do?

thanks,

--davis

Hi dlee,

On 20-Mar-2006 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => millsie

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=32950&d=1

Name => Sienna

City => Dundee

Country => Scotland

Comments => Hello,
I saw your ads on the web and i have interest in it also will like to buy your(Safire 2 149 - $1200) i am from Scotland but,i am currently in Western Africa on a vacation and research trip i shall be responsible for the shipment and pick up to my place .
Regards,
Sienna.

-----------------
If you suspect this is a scam:

1) Visit the Security Forum to see if it has already been reported:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=44
2) If not, forward the entire email to [email protected]

I got one too.
Mike

Comments => Hello,
I saw your ads on the web and i have interest in it also will like to buy your(Flexon, Diablo 120, PD 160R - $2050 ) i am from Scotland but,i am

currently in Western Africa on a vacation and research trip i shall be responsible for

the shipment and pick up to my place .
Please get back to me at [email protected] if my offer is acceptable.And also if there

is any more pics to send i wouldn't mind.
Regards,
Sienna.

I got two of these
Hi skyjnky,

On 20-Mar-2006 someone submitted their contact information in response to
your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to
contact the person directly.

Username => millsie

URL =>
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=32788&d=1

Name => Sienna

City => Dundee

Country => Scotland

Comments => Hello,
I saw your ads on the web and i have interest in it also
will like to buy your(PD 143R - $750) i am from Scotland but,i am
currently in Western Africa on a vacation and research trip i shall be
responsible for the shipment and pick up to my place .
Please get back to me at [email protected] if my offer is acceptable.And
also if there is any more pics to send i wouldn't mind.
Regards,
Sienna.

These are the details of how she wants to handle the transaction:

Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me,like i said earlier, i am presently in the Western Africa now.there won't be any probs about the shipment,after payment ,the pick up will be made at your place. i have made arrangements with the prepaid shipping company.
As regards payment,this is what i am going to do.I have a client in the US who is owing me $3,100 i would instruct him to
makeout a certified Cashiers Check to you in that amount and as soon as it clears your bank. you can now deduct your money from it and send me my balance via western union ,i will be using part of the money to pay for the shipping and other expenses ..Although the value of the check is more than the asking price but i think i should be able to trust you with my balance.
So if my terms are acceptable to you,i would like you to give me your full name,address ''not P.O BOX'' and phone number so that i can instruct my client to make out the check to you.
Pls get back to me as soon as you get this mail so that we can round things up in a timely fashion.
Thanks in this regard,
Sienna.

okay, here is another possible purchase from millsie/sienna. does anyone have any advice? i asked her about the situation and she brushed it off.
cheers, pj

To: pete jacquin
Subject: Re: still for sale, beautiful container - Payment
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:41:42 -0800 (PST

Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me,like i said earlier, i am
presently in the Western Africa now.there won't be any probs about the
shipment,after payment ,the pick up will be made at your place. i have made
arrangements with the prepaid shipping company.
As regards payment,this is what i am going to do.I have a client in
the US who is owing me $3,100 i would instruct him to
makeout a certified Cashiers Check to you in that amount and as soon as it
clears your bank. you can now deduct your money from it and send me my
balance via western union ,i will be using part of the money to pay for the
shipping and other expenses ..Although the value of the check is more than
the asking price but i think i should be able to trust you with my balance.
So if my terms are acceptable to you,i would like you to give me your full
name,address ''not P.O BOX'' and phone number so that i can instruct my
client to make out the check to you.
Pls get back to me as soon as you get this mail so that we can round things
up in a timely fashion.
Thanks in this regard,
Sienna.

\and then : From : Sienna Miller
Sent : Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:49 PM
To : pete jacquin
Subject : Re: still for sale, beautiful container - Payment

| | | Inbox

thanks Pete,
a friend of mine reported me thoug i still want to buy a container .and tere is nothin to worry about okay?please let me know what you feel may be you like to continue or discontinue.i wait to read from you son.

Sienna.

wow.

I wrote this:
o.k.
how is africa? i haven't been there for some time. I would like a check, or cashiers check. can you do that? please add $50 for shipping. What kind of canopy do you have now? what is your wing loading? how many jumps do you have?

i look forward to hearing from you, you will love this canopy!!

--Davis

I got back this:

Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me my current canopy is Sabre 129 and i have just 45 jumps,like i said earlier, i am presently in the Western Africa now.there won't be any probs about the shipment,after payment ,the pick up will be made at your place. i have made arrangements with the prepaid shipping company.
As regards payment,this is what i am going to do.I have a client in the US who is owing me $3,100 i would instruct him to
makeout a certified Cashiers Check to you in that amount and as soon as it clears your bank. you can now deduct your money from it and send me my balance via western union ,i will be using part of the money to pay for the shipping and other expenses ..Although the value of the check is more than the asking price but i think i should be able to trust you with my balance.
So if my terms are acceptable to you,i would like you to give me your full name,address ''not P.O BOX'' and phone number so that i can instruct my client to make out the check to you.
Pls get back to me as soon as you get this mail so that we can round things up in a timely fashion.
Thanks in this regard,
Sienna.

so i wrote this:

where did you get a sabre 129?

what is your wing loading? are you sure you should be jumping this canopy?

and got back:

yes i can jump it

we will see where this goes...

Wow he actually wrote back and said

"i am not a scammer okay? does it mean everybody in Africa is a scammer?"

Wow, they even try to play the racism card back at you! They're really getting bolder and bolder.
Just ignore him :S

Vale

Actually, he has a point. Although in this case he definately IS a scammer ;) I have had a few people not want to deal with me because I'm from overseas, period. Okay I'll admit it we're all scammers over here. You stupid americanos are all the same! :D:D:D

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Ive now had 2 different people from russia want to buy a spectre I have for sale and both wanted all my bank info for a wire. It seems legit but I'd never do it because once they have your routing and bank account number they could empty it just as easy as put money in it. So being from the netherlands, how would you pay someone in the united states? Is a wire about the only way to do it cross borders because these russians tell me something about paypal not working in their country or something.

Paypal is easiest, and works fine over here, otherwise creditcard, or cash if we can arrang something with jumpers going to/from the States (or wherever).

I have never transfered money to/from the States by bank/wire whatever, but from Thailand, Eastern Europe etc bank transfers work fine too. Cheques are also ok but kinda costly over here to use.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

In the UK, Ireland, and Australia, knowing someone's bank details doesn't allow them to wtihdraw cash from your account - only to credit money to it.

It'd be perfectly normal for a European to ask for your bank details so they could pay you.

Are you positive on this - cause unless they have some weird censorship on the internet I could go to europe right now with nothin but a routing and account number and empty anyones account right now for a US account checking account. There are numerous things I have paid for onilne with a online check that requires only those 2 numbers and has no verification process at all.

Well I have no clue how it works on your side of the pond. But indeed, over here we transfer money to others on a regular basis this way. It's perfectly normal. How do you guys do it if you can't reveal the numbers?!?

To PAY with someones account you need the card and a personal code, or when online there are various ways of proving you are who you say you are, either with a list of codes or a card scanner, stuff like that.

Creditcards are another matter, but you hand out your creditcard numbers to others too right? At least to businesses.

From our point of view, it's safer to give bank account numbers than creditcard numbers that's for sure.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Hm.... over here credit cards are much preferred because if someone even charged up 10k on your card that you didnt authorize the most you ever have to pay is 50 dollars. The credit card company takes care of the rest. Where with a bank account they could just empty it and the bank wouldnt even fight for you. Im sure you couldnt do it going into a bank and just asking to empty someones account but you could buy stuff online and get it shipped to you with someone elses bank info.

i just told a guy "mark cole " to get lost. he sent $3000 for a $400 chute and asked me to pay the shipper. i should have torn it up but it was amoney order so im checked it out at the bank.after deducting my expenses and hassle fee i sent the rest to the shipper. they never came for the rig so i emailed them and said i would put it back on sale if it wasn't picked up. he says the guy broke his spine and is in an african hospital could i return the money. wow what balls these guys have. anyway i told him to hit the road

Actually, he has a point. Although in this case he definately IS a scammer ;) I have had a few people not want to deal with me because I'm from overseas, period. Okay I'll admit it we're all scammers over here. You stupid americanos are all the same! :D:D:D

Psst... I'm from Europe too :D

Ciao.

Vale