sangiro

Username: bio - Classifieds Buyer Scam

The following scam has been reported:

-----Original Message-----
To:
Sent: 1 Feb 2006 17:15:46 -0000
Subject: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad

Hi,

On 1-Feb-2006 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => bio

Name => mark

FromEmail => [email protected]

City =>

Country =>

Comments => Hi
i am interested in buying your Main Canopies and i will like you to send the pics and also mail me the general condition of it with the final asking price of it.
pls mail me back so that we can discuss more about it.

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I've got him aswell,
I replied and this is what i got back

Hello
Thanks you very much for your urgent response, i will like you to send the pics, and i have relay it to my client and is very interested in buying it, and i have already explained everything to him about the main canopy and .he requested for your name and address with your phone number so that he can make the check for you.because he is paying with a Money Order which is easy to cash.i will also arrange for the shipping agent who will come forthe picking up at your house.when the check clears.
thanks for your co-operation

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

this guy just tried it with me aswell, cheeky swine! cant write propper english either!! idiot gave me his mobile no without me giving him anything!! west african for sure, well here it is, give it ago!! +447031841192

Thats a UK number that looks like a mobile/cell number, but as its +44(0)70, its actually a premium rate number. There are scams here were you get a call from these 070 numbers, and hang up quickly so you get a missed call. Because it looks like a mobile number people ring them back, and cost them 50p/min to phone.

edit: goofed with the prices. But still 070 numbers can generate income for the owner

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.