buying
your (Racer Elite/ Swift Plus 175/ Sabre 150 - $650)an i have more info
about it and also a picture?
i reside in the U K but,i am currently in Western Africa on a vacation and
research trip
i shall be responsible for the shipment and pick up to my place
so,please get back to me at [email protected] and let me know if my offer
is acceptable
and let me know what your payment plan is.
I shall wait to read from you soon.

Regards,

Roxanne.

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I received the same email from these shitheads. It is when I responded to the email, did I figure out it was a scam. Who is going to give you a check for MORE than you're asking? I think it's some kind of fraudlent check cashing scheme they're trying to lure you into. Beware! >:(

He also asked for the canopy I'm selling. Heres the email I got from him. >:(

Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me,like i said earlier, i am presently in the Western Africa now.there won't be any probs about the shipment,after payment ,the pick up will be made at your place. i have made arrangements with the prepaid shipping company.
As regards payment,this is what i am going to do.I have a client in the US who is owing me $3,100 i would instruct him to
makeout a certified check to you in that amount and as soon as it? clears your bank. you can now? deduct your money from it and send me my balance via western union ,i will be using part of the money to pay for the shipping and other expenses ..Although the value of the check is more than the asking price but i think i should be able to trust you with my balance.
So if my terms are acceptable to you,i would like you to give me your full name,address ''not P.O BOX'' and phone number so that i can instruct my client to make out the check to you.
Pls get back to me as soon as you get this mail so that we can round things up in a timely fashion.
Thanks in this regard,
Roxanne.

--I don't even know enough to know that I dont know--

And later, if you give him your address you'll receive

Hello XXXX,
sorry for gettin to you lately,i just confirmed that you will be receiving payment today via UPS here is the tracking number{NNNNNN },pls,it is all line with my present predicament, but very importantly i will appreciate if you could CASH THE MONEY FOR ME TODAY,i have an urgent matter arising. I just lost my sister in far away Hong Kong yesterday due to fibroid,leaving behind two kids,husband died couples of years back in ONTARIO and i really have to fly down to pick the kids asap .right now i'm really in a state of shock i am really disturbed now Pls i would appreciate it if you could let me have my MONEY first today as soon as you cash the check. So i want you to go and cash the check today,when you do that ,i would like for you to go to any western union point nearest to you and send me the MONEY ,after you must have deducted all the neccessary charges. I want you to send the money with this instruction after you have cash the check. you will have to send my money to me so i can travel down to Hong Kong asap make first western union transaction payable to my traveling agency
RECEIVERS NAME ; OLAYINKA JOHNSON
ADDRESS; 45 GLOVER ROAD ,LAGOS NIGERIA 23401
AMOUNT : $2900
And the remaining balance to the shipping company at....................
RECEIVERS NAME ; OLATUNDE SOMOYE
ADDRESS; 75,CLEGGS STREET,LAGOS NIGERIA 23401
After you must have sent the money i would require for you to send me the following information that you must have gathered at WESTERN UNION ,they are

NAME AND ADDRESS OF SENDER

THE TEST QUESTION AND ANSWER AND THE MTCN# TO BE PROVIDED TO YOU ON
THE RECEIPT AFTER TRANSFER.
AMOUNT SENT TO THE SHIPPING COMPANY.

I was made to understand that you are to pay some charges at WESTERN UNION ,pls you can deduct the fees from my balance. deduct all cost of wiring at the WESTERN UNION from the fund.
Please if there is any other information that you require,pls do not hesitate to let me know.I would be hoping that you get this mail on time today so that you would probably help me to send the funds today.

Regards

Joeline.

No i never gave him my address...i figured out what was going on when he said he would have one of his U.S. "clients" send me a check for $3100. I just sent him back an email asking him if he knew what Karma was, and if not, to look it up.

--I don't even know enough to know that I dont know--

I exchanged emails with someone in Lagos for about a month tring to get him to at least pay for the freight for the brick I was going to send him instead of the laptop he was trying to scam me for.
He said he was a priest so I told him the money was for my sick daughters operation.
Didn't slow him down a bit.
Sent copies of all his emails to the Nigerian fraud office and the ISP that was hosting the fake Moneygram site telling me his payment had been received and I should send the goods.
In the end I spent 45 cents sending him a letter with Micky mouse giving him the bird instead of the laptop.
Haven't heard back surprisingly.

same thing here. I've been using an old addy to exchange info.

Actually got them to spend 4 bucks on priority mailing me a fake money order, to a remote address that I don't own.

To bad for them they think it went to the wrong address here.

At least I got them to waste a few bucks on this. Better than nothing I guess.

I feel pretty stupid. I actually fell for it...kind of. I thought it was fishy, but covered my tracks. I didn't send the rig, and I told her that I was going to take it to a check cashing place where they would have charged $294 to cash it, but they would verify funds on spot, and I would take it out of the remainder of her money. I was surprised when the cops showed up and tried to arrest me for cashing a fraudulent cashier's check. Funny thing was that it was a REAL cashiers check. They had gotten the routing number and bank account number from some poor dude, that they had already scammed!!!