Namowal

Unstable Exits

Sorry to hear that. No point if it isn't fun, much better to find something you enjoy. If you like skydivers manifest girl is a cool jobSmile

I liked pretending to be a skydiver. >never felt anything more then a tourist or guest so manifest girl is out of the question. And i like the people on dropzone.com have met people from all levels.

Look on the bright side, you won't have any worries or concerns about being unstable :)
Things that worked for me - visualize how you should exit, practise.. imagine holding plane, exit with body in arch, relaxed but facing into wind with hips forward... repeat...with eyes closed imagine looking at prop, then wing as you fall away...

Relax and keep jumping, it will come to you.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

Sorry to hear that. No point if it isn't fun, much better to find something you enjoy. If you like skydivers manifest girl is a cool jobSmile

I liked pretending to be a skydiver. >never felt anything more then a tourist or guest so manifest girl is out of the question. And i like the people on dropzone.com have met people from all levels.

Don't let the snobs get you down:|. Only tandems are tourists. You don't have to forget any concept of personal hygiene and live in a trailer to be a skydiver:P

Hanging at a dz is cool. Of course if manifest girl doesn't appeal, packer is good too. Bonus points for packing in a bikini.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

You aren't pretending to be a skydiver. You're a skydiver. And you've kept doing it when a lot of people would have quit.

BTW -- it's a different Wendy who had so many problems. But I do know that having to do a door exit instead of a strut exit delayed by static line progression by several jumps. It's not easy.

Whatever you decide, you're a skydiver.

As far as how to get stable, the only other thing I can suggest would be to try a different airport, with a different airplane. I think you're used to a 206 with a cargo door. Maybe trying a DZ with a strut airplane. And as far as relaxing -- think of letting the wind just blow your arms and legs back; pretend they're little slips of paper attached to your body, and the wind is blowing them back.

Good luck, Amy, regardless of what you decide. You're a skydiver. And if jumping isn't fun any more, well, you're still a skydiver, and you're still welcome here.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think you have plenty of knowledge about the proper body position, and you're likely doing it well enough. I think you're probably just making unnecessary corrections. Why not try closing your eyes for several seconds as soon as you step out. It might help you to ignore the desire to make corrections when you don't need to. It would probably be fun.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I think you have plenty of knowledge about the proper body position, and you're likely doing it well enough. I think you're probably just making unnecessary corrections. Why not try closing your eyes for several seconds as soon as you step out. It might help you to ignore the desire to make corrections when you don't need to. It would probably be fun.

What he said. I've seen many exits start off great and then the person starts kicking, twisting and flailing weirdly. Remember that the horizon is an INCORRECT reference the first 3-4 seconds out the door. :)