beowulf

Bonehead Havoc

buy it! i bought mine for the same reason. the only "downside" is when you stand up in the plane with the front tilted upwards, it will catch the roof of the plane, so i just pull mine about half-way down before standing up for my final gear check. one other fear i have is jumping out, and maybe forgetting to close the face sheild...but hasn't happened yet, but could. all in all, it's a good helmet, but buy a new sheild with it right away!
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

I bought one for the glasses too. Some say it makes me look like Darth Vader but I like the fit and the fact it's a full face helmet. It has pockets for Diters on both sides. I find that it has good visability with the shield down but would be wary of trying to fly under canopy with it open. Your field of vision is reduced with the shield up not to mention it could limit your range of motion of your head for looking around.

Chris Schindler

I have about 60 jumps on one. I , like you and the others, bought it to go over my glasses. My only complaint is when the visor is up it is not easy to see all of your canopy. (I look before I flip it up usually) You can still check it but I have to work at it. I really like it otherwise.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I don't freefly very much but with the way the visor locks over the chin it simply does not move around. I forgot the chin strap on one jump and I did not have the visor down very tight but I was able to keep it in place by holding my chin down against the visor. Visibility is good doing either.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Just got my Havok in and so far I like the way it fits no pressure on my glasses at all. The way the front shield locks down I dont think there is much of a chance of it flying up during any type of dive. It feels really secure. Cant wait to try it outB|B|;)

your going to love it...it's quite. two external ports for audibles, and two for external audibles. but order a helmet bag or an extra face sheild right away, they scratch very easily, and as i mentioned, be mindful when your face sheild is up, and you stand up to get a gear check, unless you lower the sheild a bit (halfway) it will hit the top of the ceiling in the jumpship even further scratching your facesheild. and do NOT forget to close it before exiting. mine has never fogged up on me and upon deployment it allows excellent periferal vision, but after i collapse my slider, and go for the canopy ride, the shield comes all the way up, but beware that your lines will catch the face sheild in this position (on landing after contact with the ground while gathering up your lines. enjoy!
--Richard--

Did 5 jumps Sat all with my new Havok. It is great! took me a little bit to get used to having a full face helmet. I was doing mostly sitflying and stand. Had no problem at all with it. Just had trouble hearing the Audible. Might just need new batteries in it. If that doesnt work I will probably mount it inside the helmet.

Just had trouble hearing the Audible. Might just need new batteries in it. If that doesnt work I will probably mount it inside the helmet.

a lot of people saw mine this weekend at the AOTMB, everyone wanted to try it on and look at it. if you cannot hear your audible, either mount it inside, or switch ears, my hearing is better in my right ear, so thats where i put it. also make sure the piece of padding is removed. glad ya liked it, it is a wonderful helmet.
--Richard--

I am considering buying the Havoc RW helmet. How many people out there use it and what are the good and bad aspects of it. The reason I am considering it is because the descriptions state that it will accommodate perscription glasses.

I have the Havok. Cool toy. You need an angle wrench to take off the face, though. Very comfortable when wearing; and I don't like helmets much.