JohnRich

Connector Links

John is it possible for you to admit that you may be wrong here? or that neather way is truely better than the other? .....it is possible for neather one to be right or wrong ya know?....I will take my soft links you can have the steel.....

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

I thinks it's more than possible that there is no right answer here. This has reminded me of the RSL or AAD debate.

Each has his preference and their reasons and to argue the pro's and con's is entertaining and informative ...

until it turns to insults and bad feelings.

I like my metal links, I have my reasons for that and Im not interested in trying slinks. I appreciate the opinion of those who use them , but it still doesn't change my mind about my metal links.

Please, lets have a debate on the pro's and con's without name calling and insults. You can feel strongly about your opinion without those tactics.

Please, lets have a debate on the pro's and con's without name calling and insults. You can feel strongly about your opinion without those tactics.

ummm....where did I call anyone a name??? or insult anyone? I said basicly the same thing as you...that no one is right here.....I like my slinks...you and john and thousands other's like there steel.....it is what it is.......

Marc

John is it possible for you to admit that you may be wrong here?

You didn't answer my question; Are you suggesting that anyone who jumps steel links is unsafe?

I asked that question because you hinted that maybe you thought so, with this statement;

"my safty and the safty of all my fellow jumpers is my concern, isen't it yours!!!"

That implies that you consider the use of steel links by other jumpers to jeopardize your safety.

So, how about an answer? A simple "No" would suffice to clear this up.

By the way, how come you don't list your number of jumps in your profile?

You didn't answer my question; Are you suggesting that anyone who jumps steel links is unsafe?

I asked that question because you hinted that maybe you thought so, with this statement;

"my safty and the safty of all my fellow jumpers is my concern, isen't it yours!!!"

That implies that you consider the use of steel links by other jumpers to jeopardize your safety.

So, how about an answer? A simple "No" would suffice to clear this up.

By the way, how come you don't list your number of jumps in your profile?

first off, I didn't say anything about the safety of my fellow jumpers blah blah blah..that was someone else...and i have NEVER said steel links are unsafe EVERY to anyone...I use steel links on my reserve if i thought they were unsafe they would NOT be there.

as far as my jump numbers are concerned does that really matter here? equipment knowledge and jump numbers are not the same....I know people with 3000 jumps that have no clue about equipment....then I know A license holders with 60 jumps that have there rigger ticket....

Marc

first off, I didn't say anything about the safety of my fellow jumpers.. that was someone else...

My apologies for the misattribution of that quote. That response was originally to the person who said that, and then when you replied to that message later, I lost track and thought it must have been you.

i have NEVER said steel links are unsafe

Thanks for that statement.

as far as my jump numbers are concerned does that really matter here? equipment knowledge and jump numbers are not the same... I know people with 3000 jumps that have no clue about equipment... then I know A license holders with 60 jumps that have there rigger ticket...

Jump numbers, like time in sport, are two of several general guides to gauge someone's skydiving experience and wisdom. The examples you give above, would be rare exceptions to that general rule.

And if jump numbers don't really matter to you, then why do you withhold that information from your profile? It gives the appearance that you fear there is some "bias" that might occur towards people with a low number of jumps offering opinions. That is an implicit recognition that jump numbers do count for something, contrary to what you're stating. Heck, given that philosophy, you might as well withhold your posted A-license number too, since that also could be used to imply that you have low time in the sport.

But in general, I actually agree with you. We should be judged by the facts and logic in our messages, and not by our number of jumps, or what type of main parachute deployment system we use.

I never said steel is bad or good , what kind of skydives do you do ,,rw,ff,sf what speed are you falling at, regularly. its all about personal comfort and trust in your equipment what makes you comfortably on your equipment,both are strong both have pros and cons its up to each and every one of us to learn as much about our equipment and its stress points for constant inspection,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I personaly perfer soft links , for my personal comfort and trust