emartin

J3 Odyssey has a 32" PC?

has anyone out there ever changed out their pc on their javelin? i'm pretty happy with the new rig, with a couple of small exceptions and this one big one...the pilot chute! i've got bruises that remind me of my student status days...the snatch is pretty brisk on regular speed deployments and if i've been freeflying and don't sufficiently cup prior to throwing out, things get ugly. i don't even get a chance to throw out any longer...once the pc has cleared the bottom of the container pouch, it's yanked from my fingers.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. i'll be calling sunpath here in a bit if i'm not able to figure this out...B|

ps. i'm flying a spectre 170...i used to jump a mirage g3 with the same spectre and loved it, but needed to upsize my container size.

My J2 has the same size PC on it. Sunpath in all their wisdon decided to sew the PC's to the D-Bag to make replacement hard to do since they only sell the factory PC (30 inch f111) accourding to Aggie last fall when I called there.

I'm ripping my d bag off this winter and putting a 24 or 26 inch ZP with a Wings D bag on it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

You may be able to have your rigger make your pc smaller. They sew two passes at a smaller diameter after its turned inside out and the excess is hot knifed off. The kill line is adjusted and presto.
BUT not all pc's can be done this way AND I would only have a rigger who can build pc's from scratch or has prior factory pc fabricating experience do this. Upside, its only about an hour worth of labor. I had it done and I'm pleased with the results.

I've got a Spectre 170 and a Wings and I've got that giant PC too.

I switched to the Aerodyne super bandz, and that really smoothed out my snatch force. They are a bitch to pack, cause they are so small and strong, and the Whineken you gotta drink cause the packers get so whiney is making me want to switch back to regular rubber bands that spank just to shut them up.

I think that PC would snatch the bag even if it wasn't cocked.

Wow, another reason why I don't want to get a javelin

Why? You've never heard of a pair of scissors?

Swapping out gear is probably something you want to involve your rigger in anyways, so making some things a bit more labor intensive can have benefits.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Wow, another reason why I don't want to get a javelin

Why? You've never heard of a pair of scissors?

Swapping out gear is probably something you want to involve your rigger in anyways, so making some things a bit more labor intensive can have benefits.

It would be nice to be able to buy a container that came with the PC size you desired though, instead of buying a container and having to chop it up right away.. but that's just my opinion

--
Hook high, flare on time