rcjump

My Cobalt is 13wks and holding

I've tried being nice and lots patience and but my complaint falls on def-ears my canopy is at 13wks as of aug-22 and still no info as to where or when it will show up i even paid in advance .Im don't want to cancel my order but im not being given any choice i ordered my cobalt because thats what i wanted . but i missed my first demo jump and several boogies in between my first brand new rig is waiting on its main and its very sad the repack is due and it hasent been jumped yet. no shure what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!

I demo both same size (120) . My exit weight is ~175 and to be honest I liked the heatwave better. I was able to land it better with longer swoops. But then again if you pay big bucks for a canopy you will never say that a less expensive one is better or as good.
Memento Audere Semper

...but i missed my first demo jump and several boogies in between my first brand new rig is waiting on its main and its very sad the repack is due and it hasent been jumped yet. no shure what to do!

You should wait for your Cobalt, and in the future you should always have a spare canopy around. Skydiving is a small industry of mostly hand-made gear. Live-n-learn!

I've posted this before. Cobalt ordered by a friend in winter of 2002, six weeks for delivery . I ordered mine in May the start of the season, the Boogies the crazed spending, twelve weeks ( thirteen if you count the week long vacation my dealer was on when my canopy came in, hey but everybody deserves a vacation.) But I know how frustrated you are its hard to rent, or impossible , for things like Demos and night jumps.

But on the Cobalt... talk to Dan. Heather is good at getting info... but Dan is the one that can hep you on this issue.

Agreed.....I'm in close to the same position, but Atair has a slight problem in that their factories are closed for 2 weeks in the summer(which I think needs to be communicated to the customer)

I spoke to Dan and in short I didn't like what he told me but I did understand which makes it a lot easier to take that and the fact that I didn't sell my spectre. The next shipment of canopies from the factory gets in in the next week hopefully both ours will be in it

You should wait for your Cobalt, and in the future you should always have a spare canopy around. Skydiving is a small industry of mostly hand-made gear. Live-n-learn!

Can't give much more common sense advice than that. Granted, new equipment is expensive, but I would never leave myself without at least one "whole" rig to jump while I waited for replacement components.

Chuck

After all the confusion and stress i can say without a dout that the wait was .....unbeleaveable but the canopy was pure blis the smothest,softest,strongest,canopy i have ever had the absulute Sweetest..................YES IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hay Craig, No matter how long it takes you will love it
:ph34r::ph34r:mine took a total of 14wks2dys but they have a 2wk shutdown in aug,:S and im shure it was before your order date.
so the min, you stop thinking about it:S it will be there.dont worry it will be worth the wait.....
..............RC.

The reason its worth waiting for is because they are one of the best in the world one of the top five as for manufctuers i pulled it out of the bag hooked it up did three line checks and baged it for a brand new canopy it was easy to pack, the opening was beutiful and the landing and flair was superb.........
blue skys and soft lanings .............. R.C.

Alright:o:ph34r:;)B|B|B| Thats outstanding have you got to jump it yet ,,:ph34r::D:D;);)and how did you like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I have put a little over a dozen jumps each on the 150 and 135 demos back in July/August so I am already firmilar with the Cobalt. Liked it enough to buy a new 135B|