5.samadhi

what do if pilot becomes unconscious?

Aim that shit at my ex-wife's house and bail the fuck out.
:P

Yeah, yeah, yeah....

Me and you would be arguing 'till the crash happened.

My ex!
No, mine!
My ex!
No, mine!
My ex!
No, mine!

:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I mean Ill say what everyone is thinking. I'll eat the pilot if i have to to survive. I'm not ashamed to say it.

He's not gonna be happy when he wakes up and his cock is gone.
:D:D:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

there was a "Myth Bastards" episode on NatGeo channel. They tried to land the Boeing 747 only by following the instructions from the ground. Of course they did this on the training model on the ground and both tries were successfull. I've also read in the news some times ago that one old lady landed some small aircraft after her husband had a hart attack during the flight. She had some previous flight experience however and was guided from the ground.

But anywayz, I would consider consuming the pilot, prior the bail out :D

@1.10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozlgei1-hWA

Chimpanzees very rarely, if ever, have heart attacks.

Stop fretting...They get signed off by a vet after an exam at the dog and cat clinic.

And every skydiver I know thinks they can fly a jump plane better than the pilot:P:ph34r:

And every skydiver I know thinks they can fly a jump plane better than the pilot

You mean we can't?

Sparky

I was thinking something close to that, spark. I'm struggling to think when the last time I was on a 182 jump plane where there wasn't at least 1 other pilot on board.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I was going to go with John Rich statement untill you and Normiss came along. One or both of you married my X lol. Dont most drop zone have two planes ? oh wait we need three.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.”

i was on a load once where the pilot became ill and was semi conscious about half way to altitude ... the immediate response from a pom ( person from england) near the door was to say " I'm going for help!!" and bail. In the following 20 secs the remaining 7 out of 10 of us went for help (inc. me) ...2 of the more caring souls stayed with the pilot. A brave move I thought in an old Beech.
regards, Steve
the older I get...the better I was

The percentage of skydivers who can also fly an airplane is considerably higher than the average population. You have a better than average chance of somebody else on the plane being able to land it. If so, have that person take controls, declair an emergency and have some fun after you've bailed out. Meanwhile, said pilot can negotiate with the DZ for a party and a few free jumps for all involved and inconvenienced by the event before he actually lands; I mean why not?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Meanwhile, said pilot can negotiate with the DZ for a party and a few free jumps for all involved and inconvenienced by the event before he actually lands; I mean why not?

Exactly, get them by the short ones as a negotiation asset. :D:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Depends if the plane is still flying straight and level.
If it isn't, I am snapping on my tandem student and bailing-out.
If the airplane is still flying straight and level, I would pull his lazy ass out of the pilot seat and take control. I would make one pass over the DZ and encourage everyone to jump, then land the plane the same way I have landed dozens of Cessna 172s and 182s ... after my passengers bailed on me.

Yes, I have a Private Pilot license, just forgot to renew my medical last year.

Single prop Cessna? Drop the load and land it after declaring an emergency so EMS is there when we land. Otter or larger... point it out to see and get out. The Navy can shoot it down.

After a bit of thought (I really don't know if I would have thought of this at the time)...

I'd declare a medical emergency on board and then fly about 20 miles to the nearest major city, where I could have an ambulance waiting for me to take the pilot about 5 min to a well equipped hospital.
As opposed to landing at the DZ, waiting 15 min for tha ambulance to show up, then giving the pilot a 20 min ride to the (same) hospital.

Compare 15 min or less (10 min flight, 5 min ride) to 3/4 of an hour (5 min to land, 15 min wait, 20 min ride).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I'd declare a medical emergency on board and then fly about 20 miles to the nearest major city, where I could have an ambulance waiting for me to take the pilot about 5 min to a well equipped hospital.
As opposed to landing at the DZ, waiting 15 min for tha ambulance to show up, then giving the pilot a 20 min ride to the (same) hospital.

Compare 15 min or less (10 min flight, 5 min ride) to 3/4 of an hour (5 min to land, 15 min wait, 20 min ride).

and the jumpers can exit over any open safe area enroute

good for you - most posts are about saving the plane or getting a good spot for the jumpers. instead of saving the sick or dying pilot......

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

and the jumpers can exit over any open safe area enroute

good for you - most posts are about saving the plane or getting a good spot for the jumpers. instead of saving the sick or dying pilot......

Or the jumpers can ride the plane over to the other airport. I don't think I'd want to take the time to slow down to door speed.
I would fly the plane back to the DZ and could let them out on the trip back.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I just had to respond to this. This actually happened back in 1973. The C-180 was coming back from an event with jumpers on board without their gear on but in the airplane. The pilot during the flight became too incapacitated (read drunk) to land the airplane. One of the jumpers who had some time in J-3s and Luscombes (taildragger) landed the 180 without a problem even thought he had never flown a C-180 before. No one injured. I don't remember the names of anyone involved though and I'll deny everything.