Emmie

My Bonehead miracle save

A couple of months ago I opened head down and as the result lost my brand new Bonehead Mindwarp and a ditter. It got ripped off at about 3 grand, and we gave up searching for it thinking that it was in about a million peices. Then yesterday this chick had a cutaway and today looking through the woods she found my helmet. The weird thing about it is that its completely intact, the ditter and all. There isn't even a single scratch on it, I washed it and it looks brand new. SO I guess the moral of the story is that this is really a kick ass helmet. Noone could beleive that it survived being dropped from 3 grand and being lost in the woods for months. I love this helmet! I think I'm gonna name it "Lucky".:)

I lost mine twice, in one week. :$ Once on opening at 3K and once transitioning from HD to sit at 10-11K. Both times I forgot to fasten my chin-strap.

Found it both times and my ProTrack still works perfectly. The helmet is unscathed.

I love my indestructible Mindwarp! I think I'll name mine "Lucky" as well...

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

The first one showed an opening altitude of 100 feet and a freefall of about 53 seconds at about 53mph from 4200 feet.

The second one showed an opening altitude of 11.2K and no other data since I hadn't been in freefall long enough for the ProTrack to register the data.

The first one I am definitely keeping on my ProTrack.B|

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Emmie, I'm glad for you and your helmet :)Sorry if the following is slightly off-topic but...
Recently, my teammate managed to pack his barigo altimeter into main container obviously under the d-bag :P. He jumped without it (at least so he believed). No big deal - in fs you can look at other altis.
And yes, on the same day his alti was found near the runway, completely intact. He loves his Barigo...
villem
life is what you make it to be
http://www.youtube.com/villu357
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skybound

>Recently, my teammate managed to pack his barigo altimeter into main
>container obviously under the d-bag

This year my team has managed to drop:(
-1 helmet(with skytronic audible). Lost in the woods.
-1 genuine Protax-still camera. Lost in the woods(with a roll of fine pics too!)
-1 shoe, following a foiled Mr Bill attempt.(Didn't bother to look for it...)

I wonder what's next...:P

Erno

I seems that helmets without heads in fall about 50 mph.

This is the plot from an original Mindwarp with a PC1 in a d-box that came off my head after a freefall collision

This is the plot from a ProTrack from Didier Moinel Delande who was training for a Speed Skydiving jump when he lost his Oxygn. 200 mph decceleration in 10 seconds.

SO I guess the moral of the story is that this is really a kick ass helmet. Noone could beleive that it survived being dropped from 3 grand and being lost in the woods for months. I love this helmet! I think I'm gonna name it "Lucky".:)

Whilst I love Bonehead Composites products as knock protectors and camera platforms, this highlights how useless any skydiving helmet would be after a hard blow. "Proper" helmets are designed to deform and absorb impacts, rendering the helmet useless but saving your head. A helmet that is still intact after a 50mph impact with the earth seems not to conform with this ideology, hence the warning stickers inside!!

Well, dont forget there was no head in the helmet during the 50 mph collision, and it mighta landed in a soft spot. But then again, I'm not expecting my helmet to do anything for me if I have a 50 mph collision with anything. Heck, I pretty much only wear a full face cause I hate my kroops over-the-glasses goggles. If it prevents a bloody nose or something some day, thats even better.

Dave