christoofar

Sabre2: Split Roll vs. Leaving It Alone

For you Sabre2 owners... how many of you split-roll (4-1-4) the nose and how many just push the nose into the pro pack? Does it make a big difference on on-heading / hard opening?

Just like Mark said - leave it hanging.
I played all kind of tricks with packing Sabre2. Leaving nose outside seemed to work best. Pushing/splitting nose was more likely to result in longer snivels and off-headings.
BS

I've been just pushing mine in about half way and it opens pretty slow but is often off heading, which seems to be common on the Sabre2. I've only had it and been packing for two months though. Have about 100 jumps on it now. I tried the split thing a couple of times and didn't like the way it opened then. And if I left it out completly the opening was a little faster than I like. Oh I jump a 190 at about 1.1 loading.

Christina

In the PD packing video they show a single fold on each side to the center. center cell left hanging. My belief is that this distributes the material a little better and avoids the problems associated with "pushing" the nose into the pack job. Also, with both sides treated the same, on heading openings should be more likely.