luisvar

Voodoo anyone??

I am in the market for a new container, after I had the great idea of freeflying on a Dolphin! [:/], and got a premature opening on a standing.. (thank God for my new Cobalt!!), so I need some help. I have heard that most of the new rigs are good for freefly, but there seems to be more leaning towards the mirage and the vector III. However, I am intrigued by the Voodoo, like the way it looks, and the fact that very few people own them (could it be like the Cobalt? a very precious, but not yet fully discovered Gem). Can anyone give me some insight on the Voodoo and reasons to go for it vs. the other two? (price is a concern for me if the container doesn't really add extra value vs. the other containers, so the Mirage is probably out of the question. unless someone proves to me that there is some value there that the others don't have and that justify the extra $$$)
Cielos Azules!!
Luis

Most options on the others are standerd on the Voodoo. If the high proce scares you look at the chard on RI's website, you will come out cheaper to get a Voodoo with all the options then most other rigs with the same options.

The ONLY thing I've seen on the Voodoo at the DZ that I don't like is they do not like a wide range of canopy sizes to still look good. Its cut for one size and thats all that looks great in it, larger and it looks like a pregnant guppy, smaller canopy and it has sags and folds every where in the fabric.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I agree with Phree. I have a Voodoo and love it. Very rigger friendly and freefly safe. Good value. You are limited for canopy size and as Phree said, if you don't match the sizes well, it won't look good. If you do, it will look great.
alan

Voodoo's are excellent for freeflying - that's basically what they were designed for. Snug flaps, clean lines and built by a company that knows how to take care of their customers.

Plus, like phree said, the majority of the things that are optional on other containers are included in the base price of a Voodoo. If you like the look of it, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

I have 2 Voodoos and love them both. It is an extremely comfortable rig and very freefly friendly. I also have a friend that has one and pretty much hates it. I find that the Voodoo is a loose fitting rig and you can't even tell that its there. This is one of the reasons why I like it so much but it is also the same reason why my friend hates it, he says its too loose. I recommend that you try them on before hand so that you don't end up in the same situation that my friend is in.

The Voodoo will be my next harness and container. After a lot of shopping, trying rigs on, and jumping a Mirage I'm sold on the Voodoo. BTW.....I have a Dolphin now with somewhere close to 180 Free Fly jumps on it and I have never had any problems. Certainly it leaves a lot to be desired because it is a 95 model but if you pack it right and it's in good condition you shouldn't have any problems. I have seen several premature deployments on even the newest "Freefly" rigs. A few minutes on the ground will save you lots of trouble in the air!!!!

:)Nice look, works great, comfortable as anything out there.
The only short coming is that if you downsize the main canopy, the rig puckers when you pack it. I noticed a difference going from a Safire 129 to a Cobalt 120. When I tried to milk it down to a Cobalt 105 it was super noticeable.
JJ
JJ

"Call me Darth Balls"

:)I do think the voodoo 's streamlined lower profile helps my stand ( but my old container was a big ol Vector 2 sized for a 195, a big wedge).
more importantly it holds the canopy I downsized to and will acomodate future changes up one down one without looking like crap. If you want to demo this or that canopy or borrow your buddies latest & greatest xxxx wing it helps to have a degree of flexability to play with the closing loop. Its good to have a container that can do that relatively safetly.
I would have to say most of the newer containers are all freefly friendly. And can be made more so with certain options some standard some not.
You are also looking for comfort, walking, siting and hanging in the harness. Fatige will play a large roll in whether you make seven or more jumps a day or just two before your knackered, that adds up at the end of a season and plays a roll in what you get out of the sport.