axelandr

Canopy coaching in Lodi, CA

Don't know if this post should go here or in Swooping and Canopy Control, but I was wondering if someone knows about ppl offering to do personalized canopy coaching in Lodi?

If so, please feel free to point me in the right direction, either by replying here or sending me a PM.

I already know about TJ, but I'm currently checking out the possibilities for a 3-4 week stint across the pond later this summer and would like as many alternatives (in Lodi) as possible..!

Thanks,
Alex.

If cheap jumps, ignoring other considerations, is the sole deciding factor for you, that's your prerogative. Kind of like shopping at the Dollar Store (Who really knows what's in that toothpaste made in China? Eh, but it's cheap...). But notice how nobody has responded yet, at least in the open. That's because nobody else is willing to be an enabler, except perhaps other Luddites. Anyhow, enjoy your vacation.

Sorry for the late reply, been out of range for a couple of weeks - thanks for answering to my questions!

What am I looking for?

I'm looking into becoming a safer canopy pilot, all the while approaching more high-speed maneuvers. I would like to be able to safely conduct front-riser approaches, both straight in and 90 degrees and get to know the early basics of high-speed landings..

My plan was to invest in a canopy coach who could follow me throughout 50-100 hop and pops with both pre-jump briefing / definition on what to work on and video debrief of my landings.
Not on every jump, but someone who could define a progression plan for say 100 jumps and then follow up every now and then with useful input..

What I'm looking for is basically whatever the coach deems necessary, as I have never had any 1:1 coaching on CP and would like to start off learning the right stuff straight away instead of correcting bad habits 500 jumps down the line..

Anybody know of any good names to contact in Lodi?

Alex.

Hi,

Take a look at http://flight-1.com/sport/certification/

If you are prepared to travel to a DZ close by I am sure you will find something in their calendar that works for you.

I did the Flight 101 class a few weeks ago and I can highly recommend these guys.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but at what point did you take the course? I just got cleared for solos after finishing cat E and have made 1 solo so far and no low passes. There's a flight-1 course I'm signed up for at my DZ on the 20th. I'm hoping to work on low passes this coming weekend in preparation, but the thought of getting out at low altitude gives me the heebie jeebies. I don't want to miss out on this course, but I also don't want to get in over my head before I'm ready for it. Any tips or recommendations?

Flight-1 basic courses (101) are open to anyone cleared to self-supervise.

Hop n Pops can be quite daunting until you actually do one. Lots of people find them a huge rush and really enjoy it after the initial fear.

Remember you have more time getting out at 5,000' than you do when passing through 5,000' at terminal velocity.