FastRodriguez

Am I going to bounce?

The Bureau of Land Management in the US has for many years used drogues. I don't know the details offhand.

For some info on drogues, mainly in "eastern" rigs, try http://fire.ak.blm.gov/content/akjumpers/Loft/History/History%20of%20the%20drogue.pdf ("History of the Drogue"). It includes sport ram air systems with drogues -- which, who knows, might be what the O.P. would be jumping with.

Recollection is that Ted Strong designed a student program build on instruction jumps on a tandem progressing to such a drougue equiped solo system. He seemed to believe that tandem should be instructive, not just for rides and that this progression would work well for DZ's that had limited staff.

Don't know if his had an AAD on the main, but definately on the reserve.

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

Thank you everyone for all the information. That pdf was extremely interesting. And the link was really usefull too Holy, thanks :) I dont suppose anyone has some pics or a link to a vid of that strong rig?

As of right now, the plan is as follows. I will go to the club today and get my training for the first jumps on the drouge rig. I will get pics and post here, for information´s sake :). I will go tomorrow evening and cover whatever I need to cover for my aff.

Saturday morning Ill do 3 - 4 levels from aff
Sunday I can either finish aff or go back into the drouge system after having 3 or 4 aff jumps and feeling a lot more confident. I can then decide whether I continue S/l or get back into AFF :)

I will keep you guys posted :)

Pics of drouge system today though :)

Best of luck and blue skies!
"I don´t stop when I am tired. I stop when I am done"

It had an FXC 12000 on the main and a cypres 1 on the reserve.

We had one at my former club. The main issue with it was that you couldn't actually see what the student was doing since its free fall speed was so slow that nobody could stay up with the student. It held completely dearched students perfectly stable. When you removed the drogue, those that never practiced a good arch ended up on their back.

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

It had an FXC 12000 on the main and a cypres 1 on the reserve.

We had one at my former club. The main issue with it was that you couldn't actually see what the student was doing since its free fall speed was so slow that nobody could stay up with the student. It held completely dearched students perfectly stable. When you removed the drogue, those that never practiced a good arch ended up on their back.

As part of a SL program the frist couple of freefall jumps with a rig like that sounds interesting. But you still have to learn to be stable, in the end.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”