steve1

Javelin J2 pack volume??

I'm thinking about buying another container. I found a 1999 Javelin with hip and chest rings. I was looking in a catalog for pack volumes (and if I read things right) it should hold my 170 tempo reserve and up to a 150 OP or a 175 f111 main. I'm just wondering if I could squeeze a Hornet 170 main into it. I"ve heard that Hornets pack up a little smaller than most OP canopies for their numbered size and that the material is easier to work with. I'm thinking of downsizing someday to a 150, (but that may be quite some time.) Would it be worth the effort trying to close this up each time you pack. It has about 500 jumps on it, so it may be stretched out a little. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has tried to pack this combination. I'd appreciate any suggestions. My intuition is telling me no, it's too small, but it's really a sharp looking container and I keep thinking about how cool this old fart would look in this rig. Thanks, Steve

I tossed a Lighting 176 in my J2 this weekend.... Don't want to do that again. Its just too tight for my tastes. It took 3 of us to beat it into submission to go into the container.... My 150 Cobalt is better fitting, the 135 was perfect and the 170 spectre was TIGHT.
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

I've got J2 (DOM 95) that I have my Tempo 170 & Hornet 170 in. The tempo fits fine and the hornet packs just a little tight. Of course it's a new canopy and the more jumps I put on it the better it fits. I've had to shorten the closing loop a couple of times so far.
Lee