VectorBoy

soft pillows

This question is for those of you lucky bastards that have actually cut away and deployed from rigs equipped with two soft handles.
Is the sequence a straight pull or more of a twisting and pulling?
I've not had my first reserve ride "yet" and every time I have simulated deployed both handles, whether in a hanging harness or my gear for repack, the velcro was vintage not robust.
After being puckerd a few times by people taking harness grips too close to my handles I am delighted by my new rigs double pillows. The velcro is just "TIGHT" and being that it is a just slightly used rig sized for its former female owner it came with little stubby pillows. I don't want to modify the harness just to fit the bigger pillows because it does fit me
even though its not custom. I do practice my procedures every jump and I want it to be a natural procession, when the time comes, and not a struggle.

I jump a voodoo with soft pillows. 2 weeks ago I had a cutaway, Spinning Canopy with mega line twists. When I mentally made the call to cutaway, I placed a hand on each pillow: pull cutaway, then pull reserve. Presto, a beautifully yellow canopy was above my head. The PD flew great and I even used a little front riser for a bit of a swoop.
Anyhow, when I practice my procedures I always grab the pillows and simulate a twist/peal with the pull. It worked fine for me. You definitely do what you have practiced. Remember practice makes permanent, so it is important to practice good technique.
foos

>You definitely do what you have practiced. Remember practice makes
> permanent, so it is important to practice good technique.
Agreed, and this is one reason I cringe when I hear jumpers say "I'll cut away and then get stable." If you go through this in your mind when you practice, you _will_ do it in the air - even if you someday have to cut away at 800 feet.
-bill von