Airwolf

Wrist band for Altimaster III

While searching for Velcro to make a replacement strap for my hand-mounted Altimaster III, I discovered the following site offering a product called FastStrap.
http:// http://www.drycreekpacific.com/homepage.html
The sketch of the strap (What is a FastStrap?) looked very similar to the frayed and worn strap on my altimeter, so I ordered one. It works great and is much more durable than the strap that came with the altimeter. Would probably work with other brands of hand-mounted altimeters as well; it’s about 1-inch wide and 12 inches long and comes in several colors. Turn-around was about 4 days after placing order on the Internet.
Just thought I’d share this with the DZ.COM community.

There are quite a few different brands of velcro type strap fasteners on the market, this is another offering. These things are uber-handy for many jobs that would normally be filled in my life by some 550 cord. Also, these, as stated by the stat of the art attack helicopter Airwolf ;) these could be used as replacement straps for various Altis.
These things are cool, many uses besides just as a wrist band replacement, grab a couple and see how they help. :)Thanks for the link to a version with some cool colors Airwolf! :)Aerials
So up high
When you free your lives (the) eternal prize

I'll try any idea for my Alti3...is it just me or is the Alti3 uncomfy if you have small and bony hands? I wrote to Kathy at Alti2, and she was extremely helpful and sent me a wristmount (like a watch strap) free of charge when I complained about the original strap with the ring being uncomfy. But I have small wrists and it wasn't comfy either! I tried playing around with different ways to mount it, but no matter what I tried, it keeps hurting me. I'm thinking of buying that "glove-mount". Any other suggestions are welcome!!!
Life is for the LIVING!!!!! :D

It’s not necessary to shorten the strap (the 12-inch length is just right). When I first saw the 12-inch length I thought it would be too long as well, but as it turns out, when you tighten the strap after threading through the buckle and wrapping back around your wrist, the (excess??) length disappears in a hurry. The length of this strap is actually a little shorter than the original on my Alti 3.
Yes, the hooks are just on one end. The strap is made by sewing a length of hook tape to a length of pile tape (hooks facing opposite direction of the pile). The hook and pile mate because you reverse direction after pulling through the buckle. When assembling, make sure that the pile faces up and the buckle is on your thumb side.

Thanks for the tip...was just wondering where I get a replacement strap.

Altimaster sends reps out to the bigger boogies. They were at WFFC and SDC's Winter Expo last year. They'll test your alti-3 in a test chamber, and replace the lense and strap for free.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999