kmcguffee

B License Written Test

I can't find any information on what to study for the B license written test. Does anyone know what areas of the SIM I should study in order to prepare?
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.

I believe most of it is in section 9. Read up on the FAR's particularly 105. And also on the first page of every section there's something about "who needs this" and wherever you see something like license applicants, read it.

There's a page at the start of the SIM that tells you which sections you need to study.
In addition to what people've said here, I'd recomend you pay attention to the cloud clearance requirements.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

There's a page at the start of the SIM that tells you which sections you need to study.

I haven't been able to find that page in the new SIM. Which page is it exactly?
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.

Weird. It looks like they took it out in the lastest SIM.
In my older, out of date one it recomended for a B license you read Section 2, 3-1, 4, 8-2, 8-3, 8-4, 8-5, 9-1, 9-2, 9-3, 11, 12
It does not appear that the sections changed, so that should still be correct. I don't think there were any changes in the 'b' license since my SIM was published, just in the 'a' license.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

In addition to what people've said here, I'd recomend you pay attention to the cloud clearance requirements.

That would be true of all the license tests.
There's a relatively easy way to remember the FAR 105.17 requirements though.
Just put an image in your head of three Cessna 152s flying below 10,000 feet above mean sea level and five F-111s flying above 10,000 feet MSL.
Got the picture in your head? Ok. Here's what it means.
Below 10,000 feet above mean sea level, you need to have 3 miles of visibility and stay away from clouds by 1 thousand feet above, 5 hundred feet below and 2 thousand feet horizontally.
Above 10,000 MSL, this changes to five miles visibility and stay away from the clouds by 1 thousand feet above, 1 thousand feet below and 1 mile horizontally.
quade
http://futurecam.com

B License Study Guide
SIM Sections
2-1 (all)
4, Category D
4, Category F
4, Category G
4, Category H
5-1
5-2
5-3
6-2
6-4
6-6
9-1 FAR 91.17
9-1 FAR 91.211
9-1 FAR 119.1

The above was taken from SIM, Appendix B: USPA License Study Guide

You can read all of those sections by clicking on the links on the following page: http://www.uspa.org/SIM/Read/AppendixB/tabid/175/Default.aspx

It's at the start of each section.

Actually there is a what you should study page that summarises it all. In the 2011 version it was towards the back.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.