SkydiveMonkey

Cleaning jumpsuits

I throw all of mine in the machine several times a season because they get RANK! I have one white RW suit that I bleach with color-safe clorox to get it looking all smacky-booty again. I generally do NOT throw the ones with any spandex in the dryer though; I just hang them over a line and let them air-dry.
Chuck
My webpage HERE

I wash my jumpsuits in my washer with a phosphate detergent, followed by no less than THREE rinses. (use cool to warm water) (hang to dry)
NOTE: By far, the most effective dissolver of grass stains is "Clorox Cleanup." It is available in a spray bottle at any food store. Rinse out thoroughly with warm water after use.
Dave Brownell

I've washed Tony and Bev RW suits (with nylon and spandex) many times. Warm or cold water (not hot), cold rinse. Fasten the zippers before you put it in the washer. I have tumbled without heat to dry it, but usually just hang it up and let it air dry overnight. No problems.

I wash my FF suit about once a month. It has hand-painted fabric-paint tye-dye and bright colors and I have never had a problem. I use Woolite.
For the tough stains, I haul it to the local car-wash and take the pressure washer with soap to it. Make sure that the car-wash does not recycle water and that you let it run full-tilt for a full minute after you see the soap come out to make sure no other chemicals are mixed in with it before applying to your jumpsuit.
I have gotten serious mud out of the white part of my jumpsuit with the car-wash and there's no trace of dirt left behind. We're talking real Oklahoma red-clay mud that doesn't normally come out of anything.
Kris

Yeah, that's how the Parachute Manual recommends cleaning containers. I imagine it works well on jumpsuits too..just, as you said, make sure the place doesn't recycle the water. Also check the amount of pressure...I have heard that some pressure guns can be strong enough to rip through fabric.