PalmettoTiger

Making my reserve handle visible

I just got a new jumpsuit that's silver on the front. My rig is in the loft right now so I can't put it on to be sure, but I think that my metal reserve handle will blend in a little with the suit. This of course is a Bad Thing™. How can I make my reserve handle stand out? My instinct is to candy-stripe some black electrical tape on it. Can anyone think of a way for that to backfire on me? I would think that the electrical tape would give me a better grip than the bare metal, but I could be wrong. Should I try and find some grip tape instead? Since I'll actually be putting my hand through the handle instead of just grabbing it, I doubt grip is an issue, but then again I'd hate to find out I'm wrong and have to trust my AAD.
PTiger
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way

Look for 3M colored duct tape. Pick red, yellow, orange, something bright you like. It comes in small rolls at drug stores, hardware stores, etc. We routinely wrap student RC's in red tape. Black would be okay to if you want to go stealth, but your cutaway pillow is probably some bright color, might as well contast your reserve, i.e. cutaway yellow, reserve red. Like the current soft reserve handles. Reminds me of an old harness I have. The guy that bought it originally (in 1981) had both handles identically made to match the rig, earth tone striped. Back then we were in to earth tones, affectionantly known as "Bounce and Blend." Never thought it was a good idea.

>My instinct is to candy-stripe some black electrical tape on it.
Good idea, but electrical tape gets gooey when it gets warm and will get black goo on your jumpsuit. If you go to enough boogies you will end up with colored stickers on your reserve handle, and stationary stores have such stickers available (red circles and such.) Other boogies use small colored cable ties on the reserve handle (or nearby) - such cable ties are available at Home Depot.
-bill von

How about getting a contrasting soft pillow? They really reduce the risk of a snag causing a reserve deployment.

I've read a lot about the soft pillows, and I'm not convinced it's a net benefit for me.
PTiger
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way