kkeenan

Barrel Roll on Trackoff - Skydive Radio Interview

If you 100% trust the person above you (who should not be there in the first place).

You always have the option of not jumping with people you don't trust.

An option I exercise all the time.

Maybe its the option theyare exercising all the time.....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

If you 100% trust the person above you (who should not be there in the first place).

You always have the option of not jumping with people you don't trust.

An option I exercise all the time.

Maybe its the option theyare exercising all the time.....

How? By not coming on my Hop & Pops?

Why are you trying to make me out to be a douchebag? You don't even jump any more.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

You don't even jump any more.

What is your point with that one? Truth be told, you did state that you only do hop n pops, so I would think the opinion of a guy with 1000's of freefall jumps who might not jump anymore would be far more valuable and relevant than the opinion of a jumper with a couple hundred jumps who only does hop n pops.

If you don't jump with anyone, or even track at all, who cares what you think about break-off protocols after bigger group skydives?

>It seems to me that barrel rolling is one of many tools we have at our disposal. There
>are cases where it may not be appropriate. But to make some of the blanket
>statements for or against it that I have read in this thread seem equally foolish.

Agreed. There are cases where it can be done safely - as long as it is planned for.

To me it's like the 45 degree rule. There's nothing unsafe about looking out at a 45 degree angle from the plane and then jumping - PROVIDED you leave enough time between yourself and the previous group. The time it does become a problem is when you assume that the 45 degree thing is all you need to do to get safe separation.