justinbuss

How to place the PC/bridle in BOC

OK, there's something I've been wondering about for some time, and for each skydiver I ask I get a new reason for their preference. I was just wondering what the consensus on DZ.com was.
The question is: When you pack the Pilot Chute in the BOC pouch, do you place the bridle inside the PC and leave very little bridle exposed before folding it and placing it into the BOC pouch, or do you place the bridle outside the folded PC and s-fold it into the BOC pouch? Why?
Answer the poll, then reply to the post and tell me what your choice was and what your reason is.

For BOC, do you place the bridle inside the PC or outside?
Folded inside PC
Folded outside the PC

I must be lonely ... all the faces around me are ugly:S

"Folded inside PC"
I can't think of any reason not to have it inside the PC. That way when you pull it out, it all comes out. If it's folded up outside the pc, some of the bridle could stay in the pouch if you don't get the pc into the airstream. Also, it could wrap around the outside of the pc and keep it from inflating. Plus every pack job I've ever watched and every packing instruction I've read shows the bridle folded inside the pc.
cielos azules y cerveza fría
-Kevin

Plus every pack job I've ever watched and every packing instruction I've read shows the bridle folded inside the pc

Yeah, Most packing instructions I've seen show the bridle inside, but I've been watching the more experienced jumpers at my home DZ pack and more than half of them have the bridle outside, and they all have their reasons.
I must be lonely ... all the faces around me are ugly:S

the more important issue is where is the attachement point on the PC. If its at the bottom of the BOC pouch, you could end up with a nasty horseshoe or with a total if you cant get the PC out due to it bunching inside the pouch (in the event of the bridle comming loose or a popped pin)
Always fold it so the attachment point is at the mouth of the pouch.
Remster
Muff 914

I do both. The majority of the bridle is folded inside the PC, but I leave one fold on the outside. I found that with my new Javelin's bridle cover, I had some hard pulls because the bridle came straight out of the PC and under the cover. If the PC is rolled tight, it sort of traps the PC in the pouch. Leaving one fold (about 10 inches) of bridle on the outside of the PC and well tucked in has solved my problem.
- Dan G

I vote for the bridal folded against the surface of the foldrd PC (outside) I believe it reduces the chance of a monkey fist..a balling up of the PC inside the pouch resulting a hrad pull.
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

I fold my PC almost all the way up and before I roll it, I fold the bridle up and leave just enough to make one fold on the outside. That has worked for me (approx. 20x) and I haven't had a hard-pull or "bridle dump" (<---new word).
Once, I had a dream that I got paid at the DZ just to pack people's PCs. I had a really extravegant way of doing it, but I don't remember now. Damnit!
Either way, inside is probably best to avoid a mal.
JumpinDuo.com...come and sign the guestbook.

Brian Germain tought me a method that practically eliminates the risk of horshoes.
In addition to folding outside the PC, I also extract the webbing from the pilot chute.
I start by foldin the pilot chute in half. I then invert the webbing by pulling on the bridal, until the webbing becomes tight.
This method ensures that should the bridle pull out of the pilot chute pouch, the pilot chute will not bunch up on the webbing, since it's fully extracted already.
If anybody managed to understand what I just wrote, congratulations.
_Am

I fold it inside the PC.
~just a side note. Another factor in a hard pull (poss. leading to not being able to extract the PC) is the angle ur pulling on/ position of hacky outside the pocket.
I had my mal for 3 reasons:
1) I was jumping a large rig so i didnt have much leverage.
2) My hacky was a little bit towards the side (with the rig on it would be closer to the underside of the rig)
3) I pulled on an angle. basically jamming it into the corner that i had already packed my hacky towards.

its confusing, i hope you guys can understand what i was trying to describe
My little corner of the web.

If anyone is unsure about his/her bridle packing method, here's the two tests to pass:
1. With the rig on, you can arch, reach, and easily pull the PC from the pouch.
2. By pulling the pin and pulling up on the bridle (to simulate a horseshoe mal), you can extract the PC from the pouch.
PTiger
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way

I learned to always fold it inside the pc. Did this for quite awhile and then my method was kinda confirmed when I watched the Golden Knights Pack a few times when they were visiting one of the dropzones that I frequent from time to time. Short hand length loops folded INSIDE the pc. If that's what the world class military boys are doing, that's about all I need to see. Furthermore, I've NEVER had one problem @ pull time, so I figure it aint broke, etc.
Bluer ones,
Gregg