Snowflake

slipping legstrap...HELP!!

Saturday I get in the plane on my last load and I look down and the leg strap has come loose a few inches I tighten it up and don't think about it well sunday same thing I think I must be bumping the buckle, but when I open it has come loose again (makes me glad I can't jump an elliptical yet might have been hairy). Next jump I try wedging the elastic strap in the buckle and that didn't work I called sunrise rigging and they said I could ship it back and they would put the newer buckles on (they have changed the manufacturer) I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem or knows of a fix until I send it back next week (or not if someone has a good fix)
Blue Ones
JG

I had the same problem with my Reflex which had standard hardware on it. I'd snug the legstraps up on the ground and have to do it again before exit. Even with that I occasionally had them loosen up again while I was in freefall; was pretty unnerving to have them headed for my knees when I was in a sit! I just "lived" with it... My new Infinity has stainless hardware and I haven't had a problem with the straps loosening up yet (4 jumps so far...).
If the manufacturer is willing to take care of it, I'd send it on back to them.
pull and flare,
lisa
--

The short term solution to slipping leg straps is to wrap extra black elastic strap keepers around the buckle after you have adjusted it.
The mid term solution is to sew pile Velcro on the side of the strap that contacts the "teeth" of the buckle.
The long term solution is to send it back to the factory to have better buckles installed.

I'll pass on the pam I'm just gonna crazy glue the puppy :-P
Seriously I guess it's back to Sunrise for a week (so they said and so I hope) for some new PDF buckles. I guess it's part of the price for trying to be sexy in the sky ....ROTFL
Thanks for the help
JG
JG

I've gotten in the habit of taking the excess strap and folding it three times and putting the elastic over the stack of strap, creating a kink in the strap just below the buckle, which tends to keep it from loosening.
CorporateLawyerDave aka BadDog

You are probably talking about an early model Odyssey with stainless hardware. I hadthe same problem. Put about 200 or so jumps on it with no problem, then reached up one day after deployment and wondered why my toggles were higher than normal. I could lossen the leg strap while standing on the ground just by contorting my body. Not too cool.
Anyway, a short term fix is to put a rubber band on the cross bar of the friction adapter. I attached it just like a stow band on a d-bag. This puts some rubber between the stainless and the strap. It looks stupid having the loop just hanging there, and people are always kidding you by pulling on it and snapping it, but it does add some friction and keeps the strap from slipping.
The long term fix is to send it back to Sunpath. They did the mod on mine, and I was without my rig for only about two weeks. (Never did reimburse me for shipping like they said, but I didn't really push the issue.) The new friction adapters work much better, although I think they shortened my legstraps. It's been an exercise in contortion to get my rig on ever since I got it back.