SkydiveMonkey

Sabre Vs. Merit

Sabre is all-ZP canopy whereas Merit has top skin ZP - lower skin higher porosity material so Merit is easier to pack. Also I think that Merit is semi-elliptical, it's trailing edge is tapered. So It should be bit quicker on the turns than the Sabre.

Flown both canopies, about 250 on the Merit (170) and several on a smaller Sabre (135).
The Merit is tapered and my impression is its more responsive: it turn faster with a lighter toggle pressure.
The flare on the other hand was much stronger on the Sabre - I guess you could relate it to the heavier wing loading but from what I know Sabre flare better than Merit. - Merit landings take some time to get used too.
Packing the Merit is easier due to the F-111 lower skin, plus I think PDF material is a bit less slippery than PD's, but the PD is more durable and probably would last longer.
Both would smack you if you don't pack carefully!
Hope it helps.
Royi

I started jumping my Merit with ~40 jumps at ~1.2 wing loading.
It felt a bit fast at the beginning in no wind days (especially compared to 290 Drakkar = our local student rig) but soon enough I felt comfortable with it - just need to pay attention to the landings.
I find it really fun to fly, and it will get you buck from long spots too. Couldn’t find it inferior to full ZP canopies in the glide path or responsiveness aspect.
*** There is a different between old Merits & new ones --> PDF changed the chute trimming at one point (at 1998 or 99). I relined mine and the new set really changed the angle of attack - it is steeper now, which makes the chute faster (and more ground hungry) and the flare stronger.
Royi

WOW thread from 3 years ago come back to life:)
I can't tell you as I don't know, but probably one of the riggers here in the forum might can (If there is any european rigger that take care of PDF stuff on the forum).

BTW - Did you tried contacting PDF