douggie

Nova 150 ZP

Never jumped one. They got a real bad rep when several collapsed in good conditions and the jumpers under them died. Glide Path went out of business over that issue, and the Nova has not been built since about 1994.
pull and flare,
lisa
---
I chose the road less traveled. Now where the hell am I?

don´t make the mistake of your life and buy such a canopy. here in europe a few people died and quite many were severely injured by flying their novas down to the ground. as already mentioned it stalls very abruptly and is very unpredictable especially in turbulence. The nova was built by Glide Path International and designed by a German guy called stefan ertler. Some owners said its performance is awesome however the drawbacks in terms of safety even let Glide Path change their company name. Again, don´t buy or fly one. It´s as dangerous as a Starfighter Jet.
Blues from PD Velocity heavy user

As Chris said, the Nova was the downfall of Glidepath international. It was a rectangular, ZP nine-cell that competed with the Sabre, Monarch, etc. Some people really loved them, and Chris Gay used to jump an 88, which was the smallest main ever for a while. Anyway, the esprit was about the same main and might still be sold under that banner. Also, the PISA pintail, which was used by the SA 4-way team and I believe maybe even the french team for a while was another fucking death rig. They would spin up and bowtie in a half a second if you let your guard down, but were very fast in the right hands. It was quite similar to the Parachutes De France Blue Track.
Chuck

caven warren on our swoop team has i believe 1600 jumps on the smallest nova made.
you might want to speak with him.
overall the was a large amount of incidents of them collapsing. given that there were some good ones and some dangerous ones i believe the design was very sensitive to construction tollerances.
anyway, why take the chance with so many proven canopies on the market.
be safe.
dan
atair