Lazarus_762

Lucky Thirteen!

On October 13th, on my 13th jump, I passed AFF 7...(I was ragged and ugly, but I passed :$ ), and on the 13th Otter load of the day, I made my first solo jump...and got my first standup landing! It was off the LZ, in a patch of grass by the ramp, but I stood it up! WOOT! I feel like I have truly passed a major milestone in my life, and now the actual learning to be a skydiver can begin...thanks to all the awesome folks at Gold Coast Skydivers for your patience, your guidance, and the firm smack upside the head when it was needed...what a terrific day!B|B|B|

Airtwardo:"There is a bit of difference between a rigger with a nipper and a guy with 138 jumps and a swiss army knife...usually!"

Ohhh what a coincidence you stood it up when no one was watching! just kidding!:D
Congratulations, now the fun part begins!

Funny you should mention that..I actually thought to myself, "Hey, a standup...and nobody saw it! Crap!" Luckily, there is usually at least one person at the picnic tables who likes to watch the n00bs land off. One of the guys there did actually witness it - he said it was less ugly than my usual landings...:D:D

Airtwardo:"There is a bit of difference between a rigger with a nipper and a guy with 138 jumps and a swiss army knife...usually!"