DZBone

Jedi Mind Tricks

Anyone here fly a Jedi? I'm actually not even sure who the manufacturer is, but I've heard from a couple of people that own them that they are pretty cool, high-performance ellipticals with squared-off ends? Dunno.
They are derived from the Jonathan, made by the same folks. As you can imagine, searches on the Web for "Jedi" and "Jonathan" are a little difficult to get anything out of. This is a solvable problem BTW, and anyone in the search engine business who wants to know how to fix it should call me. :S
Anyway, any info/thoughts on the Jedi would be appreciated.
Carl

jedei is how it's spelled, bet that'll help a bunch.

Ah, yes, that helps. I actually have found a bunch of information in the last few minutes.
Mainly, that the Jedei (correct spelling), was manufactured by AirTime Designs, which is now out of business. Brian Germain invented the airlock concept (licenced to PD for the Icarus models, I guess) and introduced it on the Jedei.
When Airtime went out of business, Germain started Big Air Sportz, and designed the Samurai, which takes the design a step further, learning from the Jedei (they call the Samurai the "Return of the Jedei", argh).
Next step, a demo.
Carl

Clarification,
Jedeis were designed by Brian Germain and built by Air Time Designs (a division of Tony Suits) back when Air Time built canopies.
Germain licensed his air-lock patent to Performance Designs for their Vengeance line of canopies.
Icarus is a completely different corporation that has never installed air-locks in any of their canopies.

1. Be careful on the demo if you have never flown a high performance canopy. The samurai especially can seem very tame in the toggles, but it can dive and it requires some skill to land softly.
2. There is a big difference in flying charaecterisitics between the samurai and a jedei so keep that in mind if you like the samurai and then see a used Jedei for sale. Jedei is more radical in flying, but amazingly the samurai seems capable of diving longer and surfing further.
bloo ones
ramon