Viking

In your opinion what is the most Comfy container..

What is the most comfortable container you have jumped. I am wondering which is best under canopy b/c thats the only part that hurts me during the jump. and once i get off student status i want to be able enjoy the longest part of the skydive instead of thinking how much my crotch hurts!!!
Remember when Sex was safe and skydiving was Dangerous?

I've only jumped three diff containers but outta those three (and not to be bias) the best I thought was the Talon 2 Multiflex that I bought. Wide leg straps and rings on the chest strap and leg straps make for a comfortable ride not only in the air but on the way up to altitude (god I sound like a salesman). Anyway it works great for me.
jason
A-38658

I don't think there's any right answer to this. It all depends on the match between the shape of the rig and harness compared to the jumper's body. For some jumpers, a 'cheap' rig will be more comfortable than an expensive one, or a rig in one size may be comfortable and a different size may not be.
You've really gotta try them to be sure. Certainly getting a rig custom made to your measurements gives a much better chance of it being comfortable.
Sorry to seem so unhelpful, but that's how it is.
Geoff

I've jumped Javelin, Talon, and Dolphin- so far, the Dolphin is the most comfortable for me. Regular RW or sit-flying/spinning or other aerial play seems to be no problem for this type container.
Brokeneagle.
It's only the giving that makes you what you are... In the end, only kindness matters....

The only uncomfortable rig I regularly jump in my MC-4 work rig. My fully articulated Jav Odyssey RS is VERY comfortable. My old Vectors were all comfortable. If you are concerned about the legstraps digging, look for something with wider ones, like a Wings or something.
Chuck

are U buying new or used? used probably won't fit as well as custom harness. A lot of it is user preference, some containers feel really good right away, some take a little break in. Look at the construction features - what type of padding (foam) do they use? closed or open cell - it makes a difference, one will break down over time, the other is more expensive (and reflected in the cost of the container). Some containers have double wide leg straps -- hip rings add mobility and a little level of comfort. If you're doing a ton of jumps per day the additional backpadding is nice. call some manufacturers, check out their sites, find out what they say about their design.

I have jumped Dolphin, Talon2, Reflex,Javelin, Vector and Wings.the most uncomfortable was old Dolphin. My Wings is hand down the most cofortable ! Rings and padded backpad definitely help ! It also looks cool, and has some really nice and safe features.

No one has mentioned the fact that the Odyssey has relocated lateral straps - IMHO I think this makes the Javelin far more comfortable than any other rig I have ever jumped. Add to this the extra's that you can get with the Odyssey and you have a fantastic rig.
Whether I'm doing RW or sit the Javelin does not move around on my back or catch air under it like other rigs do.

the Mirage and Micron are both narrow desings and in effect do the same thing. The Racer I used to have moved around a lot on my when I started doing serious 4 way. My Mirage doesn't budge. The one complaint I have heard about the new Javelin design is if you are a little "girthy" it actaully may cut in to your sides. Hey, did anyone see the new Mirage chest ring design - it's sweet!

now if they could just get better quality control and resolve there reserve deployment issues they would be set...

On the Q/C issue, agreed...but I'm not familiar with reserve deployment issues.. Are you perhaps thinking of the reserve problems with the Vector? The Vector is the one that has a reserve deployment problem after a total on the main..
Mike

The Vector is the one that has a reserve deployment problem after a total on the main..

actualy I was talking to terry(Aerotech) the other day and he made me feel even better about choosing javelin over Mirage. What I am talking about in regards to the deployment problem has to do with one of the closing flaps that acts as the kicker for the reserve P/C is or was too small. Terry is not sure if they fixed it or not. He went to pop a reserve to do a repack, when he pulled it instead of shooting across the loft(like it should) it just kinda of punched up and fell over as it caught on something. he noticed that the bottom 2 or so coils had migrated since the last repack and actualy caught underneath this flap. that is a problem. this would mean a very slow reserve deployment as the P/C might not grab as much air as quickly as if it shot off of the back. he also said this is most likley what killed a belgian jumper not to long ago. Mirages response to him was "there isn't enough of a chance and it hasn't been seen on enough to warrant a fix" AKA they dont want bad press.
there was also a problem with a certain rigger over there that had attached the reserve risers where they exit stitched too low by and inch or two. the problem with this is then you will have more forward speed under reserve and if you are uncoscious that is not necesarily a good thing especialy if you cypress just went off and you are low...just passing on info I just learned from one hell of a good rigger.(thanks for sending me to him Mike)
Marc
Did somebody call a medic

actualy I was talking to terry(Aerotech) the other day and he made me feel even better about choosing javelin over Mirage. What I am talking about in regards to the deployment problem has to do with one of the closing flaps that acts as the kicker for the reserve P/C is or was too small. Terry is not sure if they fixed it or not. He went to pop a reserve to do a repack, when he pulled it instead of shooting across the loft(like it should) it just kinda of punched up and fell over as it caught on something. he noticed that the bottom 2 or so coils had migrated since the last repack and actualy caught underneath this flap.

Ah, ok.. I have to say, the thing about the flap position does sound familiar now that you mention it.. I think he has mentioned it before - but I didn't think he had found any actual problems it caused, just knew that it could.. I'll tell ya this much - I don't plan on using another rigger as long as I live anywhere near Central Florida.. Well, unless I get my ticket, that is.. :)Mike