ramon

1st FX jump...ideas?

Tomorrow I get to jump an FX109 for the first time (wingload right at 2.0). Smallest I've jumped is 135 at 1.76 (including hard diving swoops)
any ideas other than practice flares, flat turns, riser turns?
I intend to turn on final at about 300 and take it straight in with maybe double front riser if it seems slow. No hooking or carving at all.
the guy that owns it has long arms and may have added 2-3 inches beyond factory brake settings... should I take a wrap if it seems even slightly sluggish on practice flares?...am I worrying too mauch..:D
should I dump at 10 grand or will it open badly (I've heard they recommend opneing below 6 grand).
thanks all
This bud is for you, John, RIP.
ramon

its silly to ask about the brake settings. how would anyone know without flying that particular canopy...
after opening this is the first thing you test on any new canopy. ie. flare to level flight to stall. then repeat with varying degree of turns first. this is the beginning of a flight pattern you must perform to a defining the flight characteristics of any new canopy.
never, never do anything on landing that you have not practiced at altitude.
sincerely,
dan
atair
ps. the fx/loading you are testing does not need to be hooked for landing. it can be landed straight in.
if you find it too hot for you, fly it in flat turns, land straight in, and you will not hurt yourself.

It has plenty of flare to land straight in at 2.0.
Nice canopy. Lots of fun up high, then it is time to land very soon.
I know my skills and it is too much for me. Put 3 jumps on it and will probably put a couple more, but I'd rather be under a bigger canopy1.7-1.8.
bloos
ramon