cobaltdan

head down deployment video *DELETED*

Clay,
there are tons of threads in this gear forum about Cobalts and comparisons with other canopies, so dig them up. You can also read other reviews in the "gear review" section. I ditched my Icarus quite a while back and now own two Cobalts (an 85 and a 75) and am on the factory swoop team. Do you think I would jump one if I didn't think it was a great canopy? Also, just some other people you know: Greg Offhaus is jumping a 120, Henry is jumping a 135, and melody has a 120.
Chuck

I ditched my Icarus quite a while back and now own two Cobalts (an 85 and a 75) and am on the factory swoop team. Do you think I would jump one if I didn't think it was a great canopy?

Hey, Chuck - one thing I don't remember seeing in the previous threads regarding the Cobalt is how long it normally takes to open? Specifically, a 150 at 1.4, or a 135 at 1.6.. Does it snivel more than a Spinneto? Any packing tips I should know? I've got a demo coming in a couple weeks..
Mike

Mike,
there are also threads here in the gear forum that concern packing tips for Cobalts. Dig them up and you will see that you shouldn't do anything "special". I just to a standard PRO pack without any nit-picky straightening of the inner folds, stuffing the nose, or slider quartering crap. I normally put one roll in the nose out of habit, but it really does not need it. Yes, the Cobalt opens better than a Stiletto. Body position at opening is MUCH less critical with this main, thus you shouldn't ever worry about a spin-up. The only time I was ever even remotely "smacked" was after I completely filled my main with water on a botched pond swoop. Lovely.
Chuck

Clay,
I don't peddle anything. I am not a dealer and I still pay for all of my parachutes. I DO get to jump prototype stuff, and that is certainly cool. The Cobalt is just that good of a parachute that I choose them over what I had, which is to say every other fast parachute on the market, including my VX.
Chuck